How are Brokers NOT to blame?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by rch10007, Oct 14, 2022.

1. rch10007

rch10007 Medium Load Member

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Seriously, when fuel is over $5 a gallon again and there are loads posted across every load board there is for $1.27 a mile and $2.35 going into FL from Seattle...what in the serious F do you call that?

If you don't know what to offer that is respectful, there are carriers on this forum that will help you. We're in this together.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jbatmick

jbatmick Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    hastings, Fl
    Call it "SUPPLY AND DEMAND".
    If someone will do it, blame them.

4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Supply, demand, if you want collusion to give you a better rate, what you say is fine.

but if you actually beleive in real market forces and poorly run buisnesses being put out of buisness, this is the price, it will be amazing, but it will also be terrible at times

5. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Ok.

So the consensus here is to look out for yourself and #### everyone else? Does that about sum it up?

Supply and demand does not exist, FYI. The demand on diesel wasn't more last week than this...why is it up again? Oh, that's right...the elephant nobody wants to see. It's not supply and demand. Never was, never will be. If you think you can reduce something as complex as market price into supply and demand, see yourself out.

I don't give 2 turds about y'alls idea that what makes a broker post a load for $1.99 has anything to do with supply and demand. Its disrespectful. It's also tit for tat, apparently. According to you carriers that have their comfy little customer that feeds their family, I hope you get to keep that forever. But, for those of us that live in the market, we try to find ways to work together.

If you are not actively a part of the "supply and demand" spot market, kindly piss off. You won't understand anything you're going to read.

6. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    With the worldwide wealth disparity that has occurred over the last 40 years, supply and demand is dead. You'll take what they give you or they'll find someone desperate enough to do it. That goes for outsourcing as well as intranational commerce.

But don't blame immigration like many are quick to do. Immigrants are victims of the wealthy just like you. They need to put food on the table and don't know what else to do just like you.

Think of the laughing, devious mother####er in a boardroom who thinks PREYING on those poor people is a viable revenue stream...THAT is the enemy.

7. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    I know who the enemy is. It's ignorance.

I don't claim to know it all, but someone seriously tell me that they aren't offended by an offer of $1.78 per mile. I don't care what you call it, supply and demand or whatever, do you find it disrespectful or not? If you can't answer this, you're below the vail.

8. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    When fuel was low and rates were high, that had nothing to do with supply/demand? You couldn't/can't get new trucks so you pay an inflated price for what's out there, has nothing to do with supply/demand? We've seen this happen over and over again through the years, every time some think the good times will never end

9. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    Would you like to see these pendulum swings stop? If so, what would your solution be to cause rates to stop swinging back and forth so high? I believe it's how we all come to the conclusion of setting our rates. Is there an industry standard somewhere? Do people just pull the numbers out of their backsides?

10. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Because when rates are high more people get in and you get an excess of trucks. Rates drop, some die out and it starts all over again.

Can dream all you want about "setting rates" but there will always be those that will take it for less hoping to hold on a little longer.

TJB15, larry2903, Lite bug and 9 others Thank this.
  11. rch10007

May 26, 2007
    Madison, AL
    I'm not trying to set rates. I'm trying to communicate rates. I believe that will help brokers, shippers, and carriers alike.

I'm not trying to make a killing. I just want fair rates to drag my butt away from my family, sleep in a box, and eat like a sidewalk addict.

I'm not against those that take cheap rates...I'm saying they don't know better...they need communication...they need to know they can make more. How else do you communicate that?

Maybe if we do things right, the next time the pendulum swings our way, it'll be high enough to force some of these brokers back into dispatcher roles.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.