How are you guys lease purchases going?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Mid-May Trucker, Feb 22, 2020.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    What do want to drive that slow for???

Tall Mike, D.Tibbitt and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  2. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Do the math. I don't know how much fuel surcharge is but heck fire a buck a mile. Yea sign me up for that starvation plan! (Major Sarcasm)

Tall Mike and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  3. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I know JCT, their pay is $1.00 PM + FSC for all miles loaded and deadhead, you can do ok there, but you can do better as a owner op!

4. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I usually tell people to run from a lease, but? There’s always those that really don’t want to own a truck, some lease companies, like JCT, you can make a little better than a company driver, and if you finish the lease, you own the truck, just sell it, and move on to another, companies like JCT, also cover a lot of things a true owner op has to do on his own, they also pay all miles not just loaded, I haven’t been around JCT in some time now, so only basing this on how they where when I was there as a owner op (not a lease op) they where a honest company to get a truck if your credit wasn’t so good, but they also had better trucks back then, you could get a fairly decent set up truck, like a Pete 379, or KW900, I have seen they have moved to the move what I call a throw away truck, Cascadia’s with automatics with just the basic gauges,

Tall Mike Thanks this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Medium Load Member

Nov 26, 2016
    If i ever take the plunge again it's gonna be by putting a decent amount down on a reasonably or fairly priced used truck so i can have the payments at the amount i want. That an I'd like to have an emergency fund in place. Just my 2 cents.

Tall Mike and Linte_Loco Thank this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
  • Draft saved Draft deleted