how bad is it right now in the oilfields

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by truckingmonster702, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Mad Frenchman

Mad Frenchman Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Texas
    pay cuts are around the corner, some yards have already been cutting $2 on the hourly. Its just a matter of time before it spreads company wide.

Devon have 2 rigs up on their Coronado lease (most producing well line of the Irion county)

Flighwatch, see the positive point in the traffic, at least 2469 is somewhat less dangerous ;)
    33 on the other hand is worst than a lease road...

flightwatch Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Milkman719

Milkman719 Medium Load Member

May 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs
    Oil wont stay low for very long. 6-18 months and I bet we will be around 100 bbl.

4. TrentonWD

TrentonWD Bobtail Member

Apr 22, 2012
    An old time Driller always writes "F'n the dog" on the books whenever they're on down time.
    The Tool Pusher tells him they have a new secretary in the office and she's real religious so don't be writing that anymore.

The Driller starts writing "Chasing the dog" instead. This goes on for awhile. One day after being down for awhile he's in a hurry and forgets. He writes "F'n the dog".

A few days later the Push brings out the pay checks. The drill opens his and inside is a note from the secretary. It reads " I see you finally caught that dog"

we're all that dog bout now...

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    WTI dropped @ $1. today but it is still back up over $50 bbl.

6. sexystuff911

sexystuff911 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    N. California
    There are a few good jobs in the Bakken, and a lot of really bad ones! Sometimes the good and bad both fly under the same company name!

I worked for Rockwater Energy Solutions in the Fluids Management Division hauling frac sand. They hired dozens of people at a time (so many, they started slip-seating), charged them $800 a month each in rent to share an apartment. Add the deposit and utilities and it came out to about $1,000 a month, plus you had to pay for your own cable and internet. However, they didn't have enough work for a fraction of those people. You would sit 3, 4, 5 days in a row, and then do one or two garbage loads (the good loads went to the dispatchers buddies). Maybe make $300 to $500 a week gross, if you were lucky! Sometimes your paychecks would even have a deficit! I think they were trying to pay their lease on the apartment building, not employ people!

On the other hand, the HAZMAT division of Rockwater Energy (formerly Benchmark) is an awesome place to work. $75,000 a year SALARY, $800 a month rent, but you have a private apartment (no roommate). Very sincere management. The division is small. I heard they recently had a job fair. Over 100 people in attendance applied to work in this division. Not one person who applied was qualified. They finally hired someone who had extensive experience in the Bakken and heavy-haul, but are waiting for that person to get their HAZMAT.

Be careful. A lot of companies will get you up there by promising you riches, but then you are just a body paying their rent. The OT will never come, and soon you realize that even a full week is a pipe dream.And, definitely stay away from the 10-99 work and employers who advertise on Craigslist! Stick with the "brick and morters" who have invested themselves in the Bakken...

rabbiporkchop, unloader and Milkman719 Thank this.
  7. flightwatch

flightwatch Road Train Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Somewhere in Texas
    Ain't that the truth. For a time there, 2469 was getting to be almost as bad as 67 with all of the workers heading to Apache and the rocker b. Same with 163. A couple of nights ago, I was coming back from sterling city, and from there to Mertzon, I passed one vehicle... And it was another thorp truck. If you really stop and think about it, it has really fallen flat out here.

8. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    seems like their less traffic on the 158 too compared to a year ago.

9. john marchioni

john marchioni Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Yea they suck. Working for them now as a company driver. Sitting in the yard 4 days do far yhis week with no loads.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.