how can I get a new fleet manager?

Discussion in 'Prime' started by duckdiver, Feb 21, 2016.

1. earlybird1104

earlybird1104 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2015
    U must have dennis

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
    I quit prime a year ago that 55 crap is bs Steve Larson won't help don't do lease unless u want to let live in the truck

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    you say training prograg,are you saying you would like to get retrained?If so go above his head,talk to safety.Somebody mentioned a Steve,go talk to him.

5. earlybird1104

Dec 22, 2015
    If u want to train stay company lease drivers have to pay their students

6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Got a call from the operations manager this morning and was able to get it settled. I was not expecting it since Prime is such a huge company. He heard me out and we came to a resolution. Imo speaks volumes of them

7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    How is your truck running? Does it vibrate under load like climbing a hill? Are you downshifting when MTY or light because it's so gutless?

Try shutting off the truck and hit the battery disconnect switch for a min or two. Then when you start driving don't turn on the cruise, foot pedal only. Just see if it helps.

Using the cruise on my truck will turn it into a gutless wonder after two hours. I think it might be when the foot overrides the cruise and back that causes problems, but I haven't messed around with it enough to find out.

This truck runs like crap when it's cold, more than usual, and it will keep running bad after it warms up until I pull off and shut it off. Like a sensor is bad or sth. Might be unique to my truck but maybe not.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  8. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    I had a guy from Detroit look at it when I was in springmo, said it needed an overhaul and valve adjustment. I let the shop know but they have been busy so they only did a pm on it

9. Evomalo

Evomalo Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    1400 rpm is normal driving for me. How many miles per week have you been getting at Prime?

10. malexscott

malexscott Bobtail Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Ah Jack, the man who got fired for being an absolute jerk to his drivers. Good guy ran for him as he was my trainers FM as well. He handed me off to another FM when I wouldnt put up with bs.

11. Jordanes

Jordanes Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2016
    Jack got fired? Really?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.