How comfortable do you feel sleeping in your truck?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by 1278PA, Jan 9, 2017.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    You can have it lol I now enjoy my bed more because I have driven lols

akfisher Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    If you truly drive it mentally exhausting and will wear you out

5. Boattlebot

Boattlebot Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I'm very comfy in a truck. pulling a reefer now and I don't notice it. the apu drowns it out mostly. then the tv drowns out the rest :D

6. freebeertomorrow

freebeertomorrow Heavy Load Member

Mar 19, 2016
    Indiana
    ain't much room in this daycab for sleeping. not to mention i'd have to stop rolling. i enjoy sleeping in my bed at home. however, when i did sleep in an idling truck, i had no issues. kind of liked it...but not enough to do it often.

#princesstrucker

TequilaSunrise Thanks this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I slept better in the trk then at home and slept in my sweats.I didn't let the outside world bother me.I also had privacy curtains and left the sleeper open.

8. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    Varies day to day. I'm always "comfortable", but getting to sleep can be a challenge. I just delivered to my 0330 appointment, now I can't get back to sleep.

9. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    I sleep better in a truck than my bed at home

10. Suspect Zero

Suspect Zero Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Burbank, IL
    *GULP!* :eek:

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Let's say leave a sleeping dog alone. You cannot unsee some of the monsters that abide within.

Ive had intruders before. Whatever happens at that moment is going to decide all of our futures. If there is one.

Other than that that sleeper is home. No worries. However, you learn to sleep ready to go with your boots and jacket etc on if you are in a area that is not so good or have to get outside to shovel that snow piling up around your wheels several times in the night.

There have been times local police such as N Brandford in CT across from the 76 there in the no parking zone would gather 20 police to slam nightsticks on your cab and shine very powerful cruiser floods into the bunk to wake you up if you have not actually died in there. Then yell at you to get over into that truckstop and stay there. Before they start writing expensive tickets.

About once a week you pull out the entire contents of that sleeper down to the bare metal and disinfect everything. For your health and everyone else. Modern sleepers do not have bare metal. It's pretty plush, even more reason to disinfect it.

Finally but not last, if I aint got a big detriot rumble or a shake the can of bolts Cat idling in the truck I cannot sleep. I used to play a recording at home for years driving wife NUTS until I got used to the quiet. I also have not slept as well as I should at home for all these years. The medical doctors only need to prescribe a sleeper and a engine to solve my issue LOL.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.