How diabetes can damage the nervous system

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Chinatown, Mar 12, 2024.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    JC1971 and silverspur Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
  4. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    I saw a recent article which stated they could find almost no references to Alzheimer's or other cognitive impairments during the days of the Roman Empire which suggests that it's a product of modern lifestyles. One of the things we have is easy access to large amounts of inexpensive sugar.

5. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    The poorer the neighborhood, the more high sugar items on the shelf. Little kids chugging sodas with 77 grams of sugar per bottle.

6. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
  7. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
  8. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    in the EU, they no longer have terms like dementia and Alzheimer’s. They reference it as diabetes type three. Science is finding out that a form of diabetes may be in fact, what is causing people to suffer from Alzheimer’s . I.e., probably avoidable with healthy eating, and a healthy lifestyle. I love America, but there is still a lot we could learn from other countries when it comes to our diet, toxins and how corrupt our pharmaceutical industry is here. It’s really bad.

JC1971 and hope not dumb twucker Thank this.
  9. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Totally agree, and on top of that, our(USA) agribusiness complex is fastly becoming embarrassing. This country is flooded with all kinds of ‘stuff’ we can shove down our throats, but stroll thru any sizable grocery store and there is 1 or 2 aisles at most labeled ‘health foods’, what the heck is in the rest of the store?

10. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    What’s kind of funny, but not funny is my doctor told me one time if you want to get diabetes in 10 years, go over to the American diabetes foundation, homepage, and start with their breakfast he’s like if you eat what they recommend every day for about 10 years he’ll get diabetes. It’s loaded with Sugar. Lol I don’t even get me started on the food pyramid. About every five years they tell us eating this type of food is going to kill us, then, five years later, they say it’s the healthiest thing you can eat and back-and-forth it goes. Evidence is now showing that a carnivore diet might actually be the healthiest for us humans. We just told that eating red meat would kill us a few years ago?

silverspur Thanks this.
  11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    We’ll never get out of this world alive!

goga and The_vett Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.