How did I miss this? Can now use personal conveyance to leave a shipper loaded

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by crocky, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Elog can mean ELD or AOBRD. Which one do you have?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    vdo roadlog

4. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    Some of them may be de-rated but emissions problems have been around since 2008 and I didn't see too many running down the shoulder then.

5. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Deleted....didn't see the reply.

6. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I can't say I wasn't either.. lol now they just need to let us use it to go to the shipper mid break...:rolleyes:

7. roshea

roshea Road Train Member

DEF/SCR NOX conversion started 2012, maybe 2011. That is the device that "legally requires" a derate to 5mph if initial notifications are ignored. Controls for emissions from EPA requirements started in the 90's with the first ECM's on engines. My 98 N14 Celect Plus had more emissions controls than the prior N14 Celect.

8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I once traveled on the shoulder from State Line of PA to Carlise- Chambersburg on 81 at a painful 8 to 15 mph max after my fuel pump developed a seal leak in one of the O rings now open to outside atmosphere. It was rain showers that day and G'Burg was my goal through the woods A drop of water splashing up there is enough to cause a total brick and require a heavy tow recovery.

What I had witnessed first hand as the frontal passage approached me at a major intersection at the gate of Navy base depot and how it remained dry in a perfect square for me to pass through and reach dry pavement in about 200 yards despite a absolute roaring storm in answer to my prayers I testify there is a living God.

I would have absolutely snarled that whole gate, traffic in 4 directions for hours until the come with a tow vehicle to get this dead thing out of there. Be the laughing stock of the dutch country.

Here in Arkansas you do not run the shoulder. Because there are bolts, screws and scrap metal big enough ruin your tires and they will. It's not worth it.

9. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017

You can't drive your truck to a safe place to park after leaving a reciever in a taxi cab.. You can drive your truck from Maine to Cali using PC if you are doing it for your self and nothing to do with working or being under a load..

PC is a completely legal option in many situations and being scared to use it isn't the intent of the law.

10. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Humm I can drive as fast as I want off duty, I just have to stop every 1.9 miles to cycle from off duty to sleeper then to off duty again.. That's how I run most of my loads.. I can keep a full clock that way....

:D

11. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    The real trick that not many know, is if you drive backwards you get hours back on elogs..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.