How did I miss this? Can now use personal conveyance to leave a shipper loaded

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by crocky, Dec 2, 2018.

1. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Which makes sense. You weren't actively leased or contracted to anyone and running under their ID, and you weren't an employee in a company truck.

rank Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rank

rank Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2010
    50 miles north of Rochester, NY
    @Dave in AZ did you have a IRP or commercial plate?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    I knew this crap the FMCSA pulled is going to get it defined and many of you won't like it when it does.

PC is not to be used unless it is limited and reasonable.

Taking a load from X to the receiver is not allowed, read the guidance. It is after you pick it up, you can reasonably use it to find a place to park or eat, but that's pretty much it.

Now if you guys want to argue this, then I suggest first get loaded and try to drive to your drop under PC and in route stop at the scales and show them what you are doing.

06driver and rank Thank this.
  5. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Its pretty much a necessity to be able to use PC from a reciever when dealing with food distribution centers. Two hours to get unloaded is fast by these guys standards.. 4 to 6 hours is not uncommon and I've done full resets waiting to get loaded/unloaded at a few...

Few weeks ago I sat for 20hrs waiting on a loaded trailer at a Kraft facility that was 16hrs past its DDT time.. only to wait an additional 6hrs at the reciever getting unloaded..

This was for a drop/hook that was a 350 mile load....

It's why I want out of refeer..

rank Thanks this.
  6. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    How much did you charge them for that wasted time?

7. pmdriver

pmdriver Road Train Member

Nov 14, 2017
    You all just figuring out that the companies are losing money by not running hard and fast and the drivers are getting rested now which is against the way truckers have always been. They have the money so they have the control, They are not in business to lose money and you are just the worker drones.

8. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I'm not sure yet as I haven't been paid for the extra yet.. I didn't even tell the kicker... After it was unloaded there was 2 pallets of mis picks left on the trailer and 150 case shortage... I had to drive an additional 145 miles to donate the stuff to a food bank..

On top of all this I was stuck on this load for 3 days because of this #### and lost a load each day... I will never take another Kraft food load.

9. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    I find the best policy is to have pay for that crap lined out before I touch the load.

The problem on the perishable side is for decades people have just let them bend them over for free. When you folks get tired of not even getting a reach around and demand adequate compensation for these wasted days it will end.

10. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    I'm running under Prime at the moment so I'm at mercy of what tney can get me. Reading reviews online of the shipper its clear they do this #### all the time and there are lots of guys claiming they refused to pay their detention..

I suspect Prime is big enough and does enough of their loads that they won't get away not paying, I just don't know how much yet.. I know tney billed them my 16hrs of detention at the shipper but I dunno if they will try to weasel their way out somehow nor do I know what I'm getting for the detention at the reciever or for transporting the mispicks..

Before I knew about the m ispicks I had already told them I was expecting the 16hrs detention and at least 1 full day of layover pay.. However that was before I had to transport the mis picks an additional 145 miles.

11. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    I was under their ID, although not hired. They just don't let you drive around, especially state to state without insurance.

rank Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.