How did you pass the Tank Vehicle test?

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by NY2001, Jun 21, 2022.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Take the online tests over and over and over and over, however many "overs" you need before going to the DMV and taking the real test on computer. The online tests for tanker endorsement here, and TruckerCountry.com are free and work 24/7.

The fastest and easiest way to pass ANY multiple choice test is the method I learned from the flight school I worked at. Read each question, and read ONLY the correct answer for that question. Read through all of the possible questions, and their correct answers. On test day read each question on the test and look for the familiar possible answer. Mark it and move on. You don't have to understand every question, know why each wrong answer is wrong, or even read one of the wrong answers. All you have to do is tell the computer the answer the computer wants to hear. It's not an essay, or a what-if test. There is no conversation. There is a question and one "right" answer. Give that answer. If the computer asks how many furlongs fit on top of a dandelion, you answer however many furlongs the online tests marked as correct. Don't spend a second trying to coordinate the answer from one question with the answer from another question. If the computer wants you to answer "blue" to "when does a bird sing", you answer "blue". The computer test is not to teach you ANYTHING except how to take the computer test.

The single worst way to pass a multiple choice test is to know everything about the subject and then imagine the 18 different real-life situations in which the answer could be A or in other situations the answer in real-life could be C. Focus on the practice tests until you ALWAYS pass them with 90% or better.

Boondock and CastleNut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Goldenfan

Goldenfan Heavy Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    WI
    Go to this sites home page and click on the CDL tests. Take it multiple times because they change the questions randomly. I just did that before I renewed my hazmat last week. I had no problem passing that. I passed it in the practice tests too.
    Good luck.

Boondock, tscottme and CastleNut Thank this.
  4. chalplec

chalplec Light Load Member

May 6, 2022
    Well thankfully my grandpa was a vet and knew all about tanks. What I did was go to the national guard museum by our park and they even let me get in one and drive it around. I chased the ducks around and shot some artillery into the baseball field. It helped me get more comfortable.

5. CastleNut

CastleNut Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2022
    TN
    Did you pass your test?

Boondock Thanks this.
  6. TigardTrash

TigardTrash Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2021
    Your rearview mirror
    I literally did them all in one day, using the place CastleNut suggested. I was actually quizzing myself in the DMV parking lot, going over the doubles-triples, Hazmat and Tanker endorsements (word of confession, I DID have a week long School for Hazmat) and it was pretty easy.

Walked out with a shiny new Class A with all the fixins' as I had already completed my driving exam.

Just take them over and over until they begin to repeat and you will have it down.

MartinFromBC and Boondock Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.