How do companies put together teams?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by hal380, Sep 4, 2014.

1. hal380

hal380 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Connecticut
    Thanks all - teaming is off the table. I would have been willing to consider it, but actually I have no problem being alone. I have worked most of my life by my self. I am not anti social, but I am fine alone.

Regards

Hal

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. moraramis

moraramis Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Arkansas
    Well you don't have to take teaming completely off the table. You could put a dog or a de-clawed cat in the jump seat next to you and have them be your navigator. :biggrin_2559: My nephew's canine navigator works cheap. Just toss him a few Vienna Sausages and he'll love you forever.

hal380, striker and RubyEagle Thank this.
  4. RogerThat72

RogerThat72 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Hey, I love in wester MA. There are tons of local jobs LTL (Conway, FedEx) or tanker hazmat jobs or just plain local jobs out of Windsor locks and Hartford area.

hal380 Thanks this.
  5. hal380

hal380 Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Connecticut
    I think I will end up in tankers - I like the idea of fluid unloading, gravity or pumps works for me.

6. allniter

allniter Medium Load Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I 10 FL exit 70
    Sounds like my ex. I ran out of Viennas she ran out of love. I sure miss those Viennas.:biggrin_2559:

moraramis and striker Thank this.
  7. Germangirl

Germangirl Light Load Member

Apr 8, 2010
    All over
    The one criteria large companies go by is usually where the drivers live, so they can actually plan you when it comes to hometime, and to get a load back out. If you want to try teaming, it is much better to find somebody on your own. You'll meet many people on the road to find someone you feel comfortable with. AND trust their safety; gotta be able to relax while your partner is driving..... something the companies don't watch out for when they put two brandnew drivers in a truck together.

hal380 Thanks this.
  8. jbourque

jbourque Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2012
    south english iowa
    any way they can sucker people into it,if you are lonely buy a teddy bear and they dont pee in the truck lots of luck

9. Mean Streak

Mean Streak Light Load Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Boyd, TX
    brought my team mate with me otr... the issue is this confined space...lol

10. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Companies throw 2 drivers into a sleeper truck, and pay the one who comes out alive.

China is right on with this, Hal. Team is hard. You have to sleep while the other driver is rolling. That cab gets pretty small in a short time. You'll have food choices, stops choices, showers and hygiene, stop choices, storage for both of your stuff, and a many more issues to deal with. Every day. Teams are great for the company, faster turnaround for customers and accounting, but for me? No thanks. It's like being a finisher or trainer, not worth the constant compromising. And the hassle of differences. Question, though. What if the other team member is a lovely, generous, considerate, and very attractive person? Note: Like, that's going to happen? Not in this world. :)

hal380 and allniter Thank this.
  11. striker

striker Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Denver, Co
    I truly don't see how husband/wife teams do it. I can't be around my wife for that many hours at a time.

Mean Streak Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.