How do I get out a crst contract

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Bigtruckdriva, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Bigtruckdriva

Bigtruckdriva Bobtail Member

Mar 15, 2019
    Crst really and truly just ####ed me
    I cant work with no other companies for the next 10 year.
    I just recieved my cdl from crst in December 2018
    I left them to work for tran am in January and crst mail them a letter that terminated me within 2 weeks of working. From January till now I cant find a job, 5+ company wanted to hire me but because of crst they cant.....this some ishhh man. We need a petition going against crst or a good lawyer take all the former crst student and build a case....

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    This is a free country, you can drive anywhere working for anyone. No one has the legal right to hold you prisoner on your porch with that CDL.

NOW... you can and may have done something so heinous that CRST would simply inform the other prospective employers of what you had done and you might be unhireable.

For every one of these stories of woe such as yours, I have to know that something happened in which you have not yet explained to us.

4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    There are plenty of companies that are not afraid of CRST's scare tactics. Mostly it's just other megas you want to avoid. But you want to avoid them anyway.

Where do you live? @Chinatown I'm sure will give a list of companies you can apply to.

5. Bigtruckdriva

Mar 15, 2019
    Crst said I failed my pre employment drug test.
    But if I failed the test, how was I still able to finish to my full 2 month training and still receive my cdl through them. I even sign the contract but because they couldn't find a co driver for me to team up with I waited weeks. And I decided to look for other companies. I recieved a great opportunity with Trans and decided to go work for them
    2 weeks later trans let me go cause crst personally sent them a letter stating I failed the drug test...& on top of all that My Dac report is clean...how I'm trying to figure this out. I'm still in contact with crst so they can send me a copy of all my test results and I'm trying to contact hr about my contract. But I'm going the run around

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  6. Bigtruckdriva

Mar 15, 2019
    Orlando, Fl

7. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    Work for smaller carriers. As I always say Europeans. You’ll make more money anyway lol

8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Aha. Failed a drug test. Well, that's not something even CRST would make up.
    As for CRS informing Transam. Well, by law they have to.

As for it coming out of the blue, and CRST waiting 2 months. Well, sorry I don't believe you. If that's the case contact a lawyer, sue CRST and be set for life.

No, they have too much to loose.
    My guess on what happened is you failed and was hoping you could job hop before anyone found out. That's not how the trucking industry works.

Since you just started, my suggestion is to simply move on with life and not work in an industry where drug use is not tolerated.

D.Tibbitt and motocross25 Thank this.
  9. Bigtruckdriva

Mar 15, 2019
    You not making sense
    Everyone, whoever took a drug test before know for a fact that it ONLY takes a few minutes to get the test results especially if its done onsite.
    So if I failed they would have had the results in right away and sent be back to my hometown in Orlando but instead they kept me in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Where I received my cdl. I working with a lawyer now cause I'm not going to let this rest.
    Plus all truckers know how a dac report is very important for a trucker so why is it not on my report that I failed...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  10. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Where's a giant sink hole when you need one?

11. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Something is messed up. If the story is true then CRST could be in big trouble, for saying someone failed a drug test and not being true.

Could it be a random drug test that was failed. That would explain the 2 months training and working then being let go or never getting a codriver.

What about the backup sample you gave them. If someone test positive they have the backup sample to check. Getting 2 samples that are positive when someone is not taking drugs or probably very low. So low probably no court would believe it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.