How do I prevent my hoses from getting stolen

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by nmroadrunner, Jan 23, 2015.

1. desertlites

desertlites Bobtail Member

Oct 10, 2010
    South Texas
    Yup a 20 and a 10 just outta the mud and into the cab. ( not) I have never had any of mine taken and I have a 5' and a 3' strapped on back. But the cable lock idea is prolly the best shy of additional tubes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Rolling up a 20 footer especially in the winter LOL, I was wondering if I was the only one who noticed that.

4. nmroadrunner

nmroadrunner Bobtail Member

Dec 13, 2013
    I would like to see someone roll the hoses we use. It's all you can do to put a bit of a bend in them.

5. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    believe me when I say this is my favorite solution. I just don't want to have to live in the truck to catch someone stealing from me. I actually get to go home from time to time. Glock

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  6. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    Sounds like my pit. Sad to say she is a terrible guard dog.

7. nmroadrunner

Dec 13, 2013
    Thanks for all the replies. I think my best bet would be to try the cable locks.

8. JustinKline

JustinKline Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2015

Have to agree there, only ppl that would want these are other sand haulers, and if they are taking them while you sittin on standby you got bigger problems lol. Id put lots of cowbells on the hose when you park then you'll know haha

9. eeb

eeb Heavy Load Member

Mar 24, 2013
    My favorite idea, followed closely by letting the company deal with it. If it's your equipment, and you're just leasing the trailer, I'd go with a cable lock. If they really want it, they'll get it. Put enough stumbling blocks in their way, they might move on to an easier target.

10. mnmover

mnmover Road Train Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Lichfield MN
    Put some identification on them so if they use them, your name or companies name will be seen in bright red letters. Perhaps even add,"These hoses were stolen from ____________."

11. JPenn

JPenn Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2008
    Northern Tier PA
    Acid-etching company name into the ferrules or the aluminum fittings also might be a good idea.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.