How do I refute a BS entry on my DAC?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Woodstock, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodstock

Woodstock Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2006
    China Grove, NC
    I had worked for CRST for a short period of time when I was offered a very lucrative job with a local carrier. I was with a "trainer" whose idea of training was to tell me (from the sleeper) "Hey, you're driving -- You figure it out" when the offer came. I was in Fontana,CA to drop an empty trailer when I jumped ship. I had discussed this impending event with the dispatcher via Qualcomm since Georgia. I paid my own way back to NC from LAX.

CRST put an entry on my DAC claiming that I had "abandoned equipment". Obviously, since I was with a trainer the equipment had not been issued to to me and therefore was not mine to abandon. CRST had advance notice of my intentions well before my actions.

I take my DAC report very seriously since it reflects upon me and want to know if I can have the entry removed. Can I pursue any legal action against CRST for defamation of character?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    You were assgned to the trainer and that truck that is how they are claiming you abandoned the equipment.

They paid your way to the terminal for orentation and paid you for your time out with the trainer.

They invested their money on you to have a driver not just a quitter because you found better employment that makes you look bad by your own words.

You should of put in atleast two weeks writen notice before you jumped ship.

Granted it sounds like you had a bad trainer but there is no excuse for not giving a proper notice or requesting another trainer.

You will not be able to have it removed unless you can get the company CRST to remove it.

You will not be able to seek legal action against CRST because they have a right to list it as abandoned equipment even if it was not your own truck you were still assigned to the trainer and his truck.

4. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
  5. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    you can refute it but alot of companies will not look at your statement just the employer's

6. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    If the information is FALSE, you have the right to DISPUTE it with your side of the story. Since your ONLY COMMUNICATION with CRST was by Qualcomm, you would have to SOPENAE the Qualcomm communication from them. The only way to do that is to file legal action against them, and they may deny any Qualcomm communication exists. Your word against theirs. Went thru that with MS Crappiers while they still existed.
    It is ALWAYS best to provide such communication either by EMAIL, or by certified US Mail.
    That's the problem with DAC, unless the DAC information is blatantly false, there is no real way to change it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.