How do you all stay cool in the hot weather?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Lightning01, Apr 27, 2021.

1. SophiaWYO

SophiaWYO Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2020
    Wyoming
    It's going to be 80 here in Wyoming tomorrow. That's hot enough to turn on the A/C.

Sophia

lovesthedrive Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    My last vice left!

[​IMG]

4. Hammer166

Hammer166 Crusty Information Officer

Aug 18, 2007
    ~8600+' and loving it!
    I like those neck wraps that swell up when you soak them in water. That way you don't have to soak your shirt, and like you say, in a dry climate that's like having a portable air conditioner on your neck. They work okay in the humidity.

The other thing that works really well, although I normally only do it outside, is soak your hat in water. I'm a ginger, so I've always got a hat on when the sun's out anyways, and the Outback style hats I wear are good for 60 to 90 minutes when you soak them. It would work really well in the truck with the air flow from the AC blowing on it.

5. Trucker Carlton

Trucker Carlton Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2021
    Georgia
    Ask your supervisor or the company. Sounds like you need a new air conditioning unit. And the one that is currently in is probably worn out and hadn’t been service from the manufacturer or the business went out.
    That’s good you got some tint on your windows.
    You know sometimes old trucks like you’re driving right now. There ac is rusty that will work a little but not keeping you warm/cool. Make sure you’re keeping up with the maintenance/inspection every day until the dump truck is inspected by the technician/maintenance.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.