How do you come to terms with not being able to book freight?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by rahtek, Jan 16, 2018.

1. rahtek

rahtek Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2013
    LOL I think most people would just change companies not go and get their own numbers.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    They give you the invoice

4. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Broker rate confirmation.
    Your paying for the back office.
    Ifta,plates,etc.
    85℅ of what?
    Go back to swift!:hello2:

rahtek Thanks this.
  5. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I agree,tried a lease for about a month that was enough for me,basically telling me when and where I'm going and taking 25% plus a few other fees they tacked on.
    I pull a trailer for a small local company that everything I do is my decision If I don't call them they don't call me.I go off load boards and help them out with some of their stuff they can't cover.The draw back is they don't have any drop and hooks so I spend of lot of time on loading and unloading but I watch for the high dollar loads that have to go now.

Tug Toy, chimbotano and nightgunner Thank this.
  6. chimbotano

chimbotano Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2013
    I couldn’t say it better!! Plus the big sharks may think twice before locking cheap rates. No one to pass it on .

7. rahtek

rahtek Light Load Member

Dec 25, 2013
    Yeah it was a long night for me and I miss read your post. I went on a bit of rant as well

I dismissed the company just based on what I saw from their youtube drivers. 15% to use their MC sounds a bit high but I guess it's a way to see how being self dispatched works out.

You made me go back and read some of my old post and oh boy I haven't change much have I.

I already knew what I wanted to do I just wanted you guys to tell me it will be alright lol.

I paid cash for my truck and have a nice amount put away. I'm going to incorporate and go get my numbers. Let's see how how it goes

chimbotano and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  8. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Im leased my truck to a carrier. I do ok also have option to book my own loads but not 100% of time . On avg i book 75%of my own loads. As far as i know Classic Carriers allows their lease drivers to book their loads which is rare in a lease program. My thread O/O Classic been posting progress weekly. I get paid same as a lease purchase driver. I own my own trk

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  9. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009

Had my authority since 2010

10. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Those companies with their own load boards get their loads MOSTLY off of DAT then they make chop suey out of it offer it to you at 70% . Leasing on to a carrier that allows you to book your own is far better. IMO

11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Is this "your" truck that you bought and then leased it on to this company your with? Does this company also dispatch its own company trucks?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.