How do you connect to the internet??

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Gisquid, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Gisquid

Gisquid Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Fort Carson, CO
    :biggrin_2554:He's in the spirit world:biggrin_2554:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ghostrucker

Ghostrucker Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Florida
    see here in the spirit world we dont call the hookers lot lizzards..we cal them spookie nookie...:smt118

4. falcon241073

falcon241073 Heavy Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    I usually get 75-150. Not great but decent enough. I usually do ok. I like that I can blame lag and ping in my deaths lol. COD Zombies can be a real challenge at times in the higher rounds. But I still do ok. Had a 9 kill run on BF3 the other day. I was proud of my self lol.

I pay $59 a month.

Sent from somewhere out there on the road.

5. Ghostrucker

Ghostrucker Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2012
    Florida
    75 to 150 isnt that bad ....Just max out your Snipper :smt072

6. frago

frago Light Load Member

May 26, 2008
    NW Iowa
    millenicom dropped unlimited.

Only unlimited now is sprint. Anyone use Sprint? I am thinking of getting a MiFi from them to run my tablets. 100 bucks plus device costs make Verizon 150 a month not counting fees and taxes for 10 gig. ATT only offers 5 gig. I think millenicom is 10 gig 4g and 10 gig 3g , Sprint would appear to any non grandfathered person to be the only viable option. Just wish I had a MiFi on at verizon instead of this phone. Getting a MiFi from sprint and keeping the Verizon phone is still way cheaper than using the bunk share everything hog wash. All I need is some Sprint opinions.

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    As far as signal coverage they are close to Verizon except for some remote area's. If you want Sprint, check into Virgin Mobile. They run off the Sprint network and $55 month unlimited. Direct to the website is ...

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobile-broadband/

I'm not sure of the exact details. I've just seen it at Walmart.

frago Thanks this.
  8. cowboy_tech

cowboy_tech Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Avondale, CO
    Just a little warning with Sprint, their data speeds are soo slow. You will find very few places to stream video. Most of the time I'm in a 3g area, my down is 200kbs+- and up is 1mbs+-. That shows that their towers are over saturated.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

CondoCruiser, frago and Gisquid Thank this.
  9. falcon241073

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    I watch a few videos most days and have not hit my 20 gigs yet. The 3G speed seems to be fine so far. Xbox doesn't need the high speed as much as a decent ping and good connection. I've played fine at .6 megs. Now video is a different animal. I am usually fine but sometimes the speed, or lack of, kills me on buffer. But that's why I keep Hulu and Netflix at low res. not a perfect picture but it's watchable. Saves data.

frago and Gisquid Thank this.
  10. falcon241073

Oct 25, 2011
    Germantown, TN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All these were taken back to back. It's 3G speed in south Baltimore. Ping is decent. I'm about to load up Hulu and watch some tv.

Dieselboss and Gisquid Thank this.
  11. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Not only that, but Sprint's home network coverage is very limited, probably worse than AT&T and T-mobile, and you only get unlimited on the home network. Roaming, you get 300MB, then it's a quarter a megabyte. You can screw yourself VERY quickly there.

We basically have no good options for people just signing up for service. The best networks for us are both capped to 10gb. That might work for most people who go home to their cable/fiber landline internet every night, but it won't even come close to cutting it for us. And I've heard Verizon and AT&T are both going to be killing the grandfathered unlimited plans "very soon."

Hopefully soon they'll realize that they're going to have to offer more than 10gb at a reasonable price point in order to avoid being in "false advertising" territory given the advertised capabilities of today's smartphones and tablets, but I doubt that's going to happen.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.