How do you deal with stress...

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by tinytim, May 7, 2017.

1. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    This is an hilarious perspective in this day and age. I'm surprised forum regulators haven't shut it down. Free speech seems to be invalidated when the perspective isn't popular.

Choices, choices, perspective, perspective, situation, situation. It's SO COMPLICATED.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Not trying to be funny, but with the high rents in areas like that, some of those could be the working poor. Just trying to find some place to get a few hours rest before heading back into the city for what paltry sum could be made.

x1Heavy and kanidana Thank this.
  4. kanidana

kanidana Heavy Load Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Mesa, AZ
    That's quite possible and very sad. My response was suppose to include a quote as well but I mess up some how. My response was based on a completely different reality and not intended to talk about the under privileged,..or could it. I can see myself in the shoes of the most desperate individuals on the planet so it's hard for me to differentiate.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Getting back on track, always be aware of the problematic irritation's in life and work. Once a job you're at is starting to bother you, find out what it is and see if there's a way to mitigate it. Lighter work assignment, a little extra time off, alternative duty.
    Making money and getting the bills paid is always an important priority. But the last thing you need is a couple of irritating ticks to set off a costly reaction and cause all your plans to come crumbling down.
    Which is pretty much why I don't see job-hopping or taking a paycut as a negative thing any more. If one needs a little more time to themselves, then let them take it. A small drop in pay for the sake of breathing a bit easier is better than holding a sign or working a heater oven.

Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Reason for edit: word usage
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    A careful choice of concepts or words can make unpopular thoughts, opinions or even actual facts go down a little easier.

There are times I wonder why I do not live in the Country of my birth anymore? Well, things have changed, changing and the future is pretty interesting if you work on the risks and problems you can see coming. I have certain health issues that will take me out and I feel that whatever the future holds it's not for me. So I can be a little bit unpopular if I want to. But not too much. The Internet of things have become pretty moderated since the snowflakes got old enough to bang on the keyboard and go to college not too many years ago. /sarcasm.

If for some reason you were a bad boy in your family growing up decades ago, a simple shunning by the family or even a church takes care of you, the problem. If you are wise, you will work around it and continue on. Today's society, if that satellite TV is to go by has gotten very... hedonistic and it really makes me cloudy inside. It's a shame.

7. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Light Load Member

Feb 12, 2018
    Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
    Are company drivers expected to "plan" for traffic? In other words, if you are late for a pick up can you legitimately blame traffic and be excused? I can see this as one of the stressful triggers for a new driver.

tinytim and BillStep Thank this.
  8. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Yes. You should build in an extra 30 minutes for possible traffic.

9. Buster Churry

Buster Churry Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2018
    Up The Road
    No one wants to hear excuses. If you are late, you will be late for the rest of the day because they tend to load/unload the guys who are on time and not punish the ones who are not late for their appt.

mitrucker Thanks this.
  10. BillStep

BillStep Light Load Member

Mar 17, 2016
    To an extent. Once a week I get routed through the 495 loop in DC. It's hit or miss. Some days traffic moves steadily through the loop and once I literally sat for hours. My dispatch knows this and will give me enough window for both pick up and delivery. If I feel I can't make appointments I will immediately notify my dispatcher. 75% of my loads are drop and hook so the windows are not as tight.

tinytim Thanks this.
  11. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    How to deal with stress, you mean apart from having regular sessions with the local psychiatrist, psychologist, popping Prozac pills and any other form of medication? Its kinda a like a detox only its a mental thing some how one needs to rid oneself of all the negative vibes we pick up out there in big wide world, taking time to just relax to have some happy time to just totally block out all the stress and negative vibes we've had for the day. I usually do this by watching some really good comedy, like Russel Peters, Larry the Cable Guy, Carl Barron. Etc. ETC just helps one see the lighter side to life and why stressing out don't solve anything it just creates more problems for oneself.

not4hire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.