How do you determine your rates?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Nothereoften, Nov 25, 2018.

1. 2 CHAINS

2 CHAINS Light Load Member

Sep 8, 2018
    10/4 Did a load of bacon bits for Dominos pizza Sugardale load. Shipper gave me the invoice by accident. Dominos paid $166,932.17 for 36,500 #load. I got 2.75mi for 518mi. Comes out to $4.60# pretty close . Broker started out at 1050.00 . Hr later he gave me the 2.75. There is money out there but these elogs has the solar powered trucks booking early for parking so theyre pulling loads from bottom feeders down goes the rates. O/O like load volumn to increase rates brokers want to lower volumn to max commission on available loads. They absolutly love solar powered trucks . It works to their favor

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
    Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Nice, well done! He prob had $1450 in it.

4. 2 CHAINS

Sep 8, 2018
    My biggest problem is getting to the freight . I see reefer loads at 4mi but i cant get close to the area. Im in Grand Rapids no way can i find a load to Iowa. Heck cant find a load to Indiana . Im in OHIO nothing going Midwest. I have a broker that will give me 3.75 all day . Cant get to SD not even close. Megas gobble up the lane from all directions

5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Yeah wait til you get to the area and the rate suddenly drops by 50%. Funny how that works.

whoopNride and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  6. 2 CHAINS

Sep 8, 2018
    I get loads of pork for 3.75 -4 mile . That load was cheap my opinion. Problem is getting close to the area. Yea i can DH to the area but when i do my calculations eating the DH im better off staying where i am finding a load

7. 2 CHAINS

Sep 8, 2018
    Yep Joplin use to be a cookie jar for me . And its in the middle of the country but when surrounding states lose volumn Joplin rates drop bigtime even though the volumn is good. They know drivers will DH to move desperations plays to the broker

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.