How do you get new glass in the drivers door

Discussion in 'Western Star Forum' started by ECV, May 9, 2019.

1. ECV

ECV Bobtail Member

May 9, 2019
    I have a 4700 western star with the drivers door glass broken and I'm trying to install new glass but there seems to be no way to get it in the chanel

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    Very much involved process. I think you may need to drill out a bunch of rivets.

But I've never tried to do so.
    So I may be inaccurate.

4. ECV

ECV Bobtail Member

May 9, 2019
    It seems that I may have to cut slots in the chanel

5. Tombstone69

Tombstone69 Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2018
    Jersey shore
    Pictures? Glass is usually installed from the top down then installing the tracks. I've replaced glass in KW and Freightshaker, never WS. Have you called Safelite, they're very reasonable.

6. Mythandar

Mythandar Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    Once you see how it's done, it's not that bad. You need to remove the channels from the inside of the door, you can get away with doing one, but removing both makes it easier. The channels just have 2 bolts near the bottom and they just slide onto their mate at the top. Also remove the 2 rubber seals at the bottom of the window opening, they just pop out. Then turn the glass sideways, drop it down into the door, and turn it back to how it normally is. Obvious this is without the window regulator in there. Once the window is in the door in the right orientation, you can push it up into the fully closed position and tape it in place. Then reinstall everything back in.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.