how do you get prescribed medicine on the road.

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by potentialhardworker, Jan 16, 2018.

1. luckystar

luckystar Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2017
    You should not have any trouble making a doctor appointment every 3 months depending on the company you choose.. Getting your prescriptions will also be very easy. I think you will have some big hurdles ahead of you with the medication you take and your diagnosis.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. potentialhardworker

potentialhardworker Bobtail Member

Jan 15, 2018
  4. luckystar

luckystar Light Load Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Please Speak with your doctor before you go any further with this idea. I am pretty sure there is a question on the physical about mental illness and psychosis , you need to answer all the questions truthfully, there is a copy of the qestions on the physical around here in one of the threads. I applaud you for wanting to do more with your life and IM not saying you will not be able to be a truck driver but it could be an uphill battle. Im pretty sure we have a lot of undiagnosed schizophrenic truckers on the road now.

5. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    You should call a Mega company that you don’t want to work for and ask them about your medications and diagnosis’s

TripleSix and potentialhardworker Thank this.
  6. potentialhardworker

Jan 15, 2018
    Why not become a Scientologist and live on the road with my dianetics book and get a doctor to give me a clean bill of health? lol

TripleSix and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  7. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    hush up you

TripleSix, Aamcotrans and buddyd157 Thank this.
  8. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    Like was mentioned, I would first find out if any of the drugs you take will disqualify you for a medical card.
    Better to find out beforehand - Good Luck -

potentialhardworker Thanks this.
  9. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    Just a question.. no offense intended as I have a loved one dealing with bipolar issues and a wife that works in a psychiatric/mental health hospital.. so I kind of had this Q pop right up.

You are very stable right now, and I believe you, and you're ready to tackle the next chapter in your life and earn.
    Is it possible that the ONLY reason that you're very stable now is BECAUSE you're taking your meds everyday as you're supposed to?

You said you have no doubt you could make it a year without them if you had to.. but I beg to differ.
    I've seen what happens when folks quit taking their meds.
    My wife says the same patients return time after time.
    They get stabilized on their meds.. think they feel great and don't need them, so they stop.
    DOWNWARD SPIRAL.

I don't honestly know if being on anti-pschotics will preclude you from a driving career, or not.
    I doubt it. But, you'll have to commit to taking them for your well being as you have been.

I wish you much luck.

10. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA

Is she?

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  11. potentialhardworker

Jan 15, 2018
    Thanks @jammer910Z , you seem like a good person. That's a nice and thoughtful response. I appreciate it.

There's no use arguing on the matter, I probably do need my medication. I'm having second thoughts on the career. Have a job interview at a warehouse actually even though I have been in customer service in my most recent job. Will be working completely fulltime my first time in 7 years even though my customer service job in Portland some days I worked 14 hour days but I was still considered part time because it was only working on weekends.

I still need to save up for a car and try out Uber or Lyft and get used to driving again.
    Maybe i'll move to California when the minimum wage raises. The snow is killing me right now in Ohio : /.

Plus I was an ok driver before I stopped driving but honestly I am a little intimidated by spending time away from home on the road and my health most importantly, physical health, even though I am still fairly young, it would take a lot getting used to living on the road. But money talks and that's my real motivation right now.

Most important, the safety of others and me honestly being able to say i'm not afraid of big loads. It's intimidating.

All that aside I feel i'm a perfect candidate to start a career in Trucking because I have no wife or kids. As long as I focus on everything else and I am well prepared I feel I can do it without losing my mind or getting in trouble with DOT or having accidents.

Maybe I'll get into insurance sales or something, had a phone call today for a prospective job, but I have no car. I am willing to relocate to get a good job and get ahead in this country if it's one thing. If not i'll finally give Trucking a try before I get too old. ( not that older people aren't cut out for trucking I just want to earn money and invest in stocks and somehow have my money work for me before it's too late)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    ladr Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.