How do you guys stay in shape!!!

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by marinegordon, May 13, 2008.

1. marinegordon

marinegordon Light Load Member

May 12, 2008
    Richlands, NC
    Hi i am getting ready to go to school for my license. I've been reading these threads on all the tips and tricks to get started, and thanks! but i am a former Marine, i like women and want to stay in shape. You truckers have any suggestions of how to stay in shape OTR?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

If it is important to you, you will find time to do it. It doesn't take a fancy gym to stay in shape. On your down time you can run, walk, ride your bike, do calisthenics, use weights, etc. You are only limited by your own motivation. And eating healthy on the road is possible. Sure, it might be easier to grab fast food, but with a little forethought and preparation, healthy eating is possible and desirable on the road.

4. stretchy puddin

stretchy puddin Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Ashton,WV.
    Do what ever burns the most calories.:biggrin_25525:

5. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Just not with a lot lizzard.:biggrin_25512::biggrin_25523:

6. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    Hey!!! I've seen more than a few "Lot lizzards that could use the excerise as much as and driver! Not to mention facial reconstructive surgery!!!!!:biggrin_25513:

7. drive55cat

drive55cat Medium Load Member

Mar 3, 2007
    Pa
    Walking or jogging is the easiest, not much stuff needed to do that.

8. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    Buy yourself a kettlebell and a good leather jumprope.

They have kettlebells at Dick's Sporting Goods and they come with a DVD and booklet with a few exercises. If really want go gonzo check out the kettlebell books and videos at dragondoor.com. A kettlebell takes up very little space and is very portable.Kettlebells build real strength in your quads, hams, glutes, arms, shoulders, back and core muscles. You get a real effective workout in only 10-15 minutes a day.

The jumprope is very good for cardio as well as for building your calves.

My plan is 5-10 minutes with the jumprope every day and 3-4 exercises with the kettlebell every other day.

Lastly, the biggest obstacle for staying in shape is eating sensibly on the road. Try to buy fruits, vegetables and nuts anytime you can get to Walmart. Try to stay well hydrated throughout the day. Opt for oatmeal as your breakfast of choice and stay away from deep fried foods or anything drenched in country gravy.

9. roadkill4512

roadkill4512 Medium Load Member

May 9, 2008
    Lancaster,PA
    I also highly recommend getting an asian massage at least once a month at the TAs or Petros that have them.

Not only will you feel better and they help rid your body of toxins but something about being naked in front of a woman gives you incentive to keep your body fit.

agent13 Thanks this.
  10. Royedw

Royedw Bobtail Member

May 2, 2008
    Lynchburg, VA
    Oh my,.. do they do chubby older white guys?? :blob3: Now that's something I haven't seen in truck stops before. A good idea if the cost is right. I'm tryin' to get back in driving and remember how easy it is to load up at the buffet before crawling in the rack... I'll keep reading for more tips here.

11. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    Hey round IS a shape!

agent13 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.