How do you report a company that doesn't pay??!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bigcountrytruckerswife84, Jun 12, 2018.

1. rcelmo

rcelmo Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2015
    Where can I find a wife like this????? Does my dirty work for me??????
    Seriously, many drivers are "truckdrivers".....not lawyers or office workers.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I used the labor board against an o/o that keep money when I quit.
    I didn't even live in his state , I it did all over the phone. Ca labor board .

I had a check in less than a week.

buddyd157 and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    you would think so, given that truckers complain so much

389driver Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    We entered a Judgement after filing in Court against another who was lent almost 2500 in a period of time. After discovering that to be a form of fraud and loss, we found her and filed to get a Judgement against any wages to recover that amount.

A very long time ago we had a pizza shop owner not only fail to pay me about 320 in total over 6 months via the Maryland Labor Board's case which started as a matter of fact over suspected underage child labor believe it or not... among other things. The State totally won all of it against him in Court. He filed BK and closed the shop later. Because of the BK filing I don't get to recover that 320 and we suspect he gets to continue living in his very large home which does have quite the value.

In FFE we wrote in every load long hand into a Jounal and reviewed our payroll against trip numbers assigned to each of the loads that touched our 5th wheel backed up with a long hand copy of dispatch followed by copies of BOL's Scales, expenses etc. For each load. We were a husband wife team seeing 0.00 paychecks some weeks when running pretty much 7000+ miles for that pay period at times.

The third time we had the 0.00 payroll after a 5800 mile week in that time period we quit and moved on to medicines out of memphis.

Sometimes we would be behind 5 or 6 loads, go meet with the DM or company officer show him and her the evidence, matches with their computers and we got a comcheck in a few minutes for everything minus withholding for the both of us. Some of these catch up checks were quite large.

Later in trucking we were paid by satellite as soon we hooked onto trailer.

You have to collect the work that was done, unpaid by whom, dates of that work that was done the pay due etc and all the associated evidence. Carry that into the State's Labor Dept and also find a Lawyer and plan on suing in court against the company to seek a recovery judgement against that employer for wages unpaid.

One thing about our successful judgment plea in our local Court. Once granted, they sent two notices. One to the person's employer directing her to garnish wages and a second to that person's bank to indicate there is garnishment proceedings ongoing or beginning.

That person quit the following day when she was told of our successful Court ordered recovery against her wages for the 2500.

Years later we took that loss against our taxes at the state level showing that person never paid. After 7 years the judgement became essentially worthless to us so we on paper got our money back via tax system. But it's strictly paper.

Because of the employers in our time combined with bad people, we do not trust or help anyone again that involves money. Dot. End. It does not matter if it is money coming in or going out or payroll unpaid. It's all carefully recorded and checked against the book.

Im sorry that the owner of the driver's trucking company failed to pay. In the end when they get through with him and his business in it's overall situation whatever it might be I hope you recover something out of it. Or... worst case scenario possibly be the awarded the assets of the business. Who knows what will happen.

That does not just end with one unpaid employee. Once Uncle Sam becomes aware if not already the lack of withholding or taxes paid by this bad employer he will absolutely empty that person's pockets for years to come.

But you have to prove your case against the employer or person or entity that you suffered a loss to.

Warrior Cat Thanks this.
  6. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    Y'all know the difference between a truck driver and a six month old baby???

Sooner or later the baby will quit whining!! :biggrin_2559:

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  7. jodyj54

jodyj54 Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2018
    Quite right. I always get a cash advance the first day of the week-even though I don't need it; at least you get something out of them. As mentioned, first week there is no check or a full check, move on. Back in 'the day', when something like this happened and we were on our way home to turn in the truck, we would pull into a fuel stop next to an Owner Op, sell him 200 gallon of fuel for half price cash. Again, get as much pay back as you can.

8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    [​IMG]

9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    First mistake was why did you continue to work after he missed your first pay check? That has alarm bells ringing loud and clear . While he still is legally obligated to pay you unless he's declared bankruptcy. Something you can put down as a "learning experience"

10. Thane

Thane Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2017
    You call up the state's attorney general and report the outfit. And then you report the outfit to the state's labor board, and possibly file a wage claim against it. I've had to do all these against trucking companies. I'm undefeated in labor court. I've always got what I was owed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.