How does one get the nfl sunday ticket?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by snowwy, Sep 16, 2018.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Without having directv?

And on another note. At the current subscriber count. Directv is losing roughly $600 per customer on the break even point.

2.08 million subs with an annual contract of $1.5 BILLION to the nfl.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
  4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I thought all DirectTV subscribers got NFL Sunday ticket as part of the base subscription. But I'm pretty sure they have much more than 2 million subscribers. Assumed NFL collection rate has to be figured in excess of $15/month per subscriber plus all the satellite stream advertising revenue on top of that

5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I was looking it up. Found an article that said prices went up. The package is $293 and cents. If you want the redzone it's roughly an additional $100. Subs are 2.08 million and the annual nfl contract is $1.5 billion.

The math comes to $600,440,000 if everyone paid full price. But it's less when considering the student discount. No idea on that number. Didn't think about the ad revenue though.

My boy has it as a student discount. His service is comcast. I think he said $120.

I tried looking it up to see the pricing. But it's not available in my area. I"m guessing because i don't have directv. But have directvnow instead. I've heard talks about the now service getting it. But I haven't researched it much.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas

Maybe... a birdie says the address of the state capitol building where the legislator meets.

Just a birdie talking in the bush...

MidWest_MacDaddy Thanks this.
  8. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Thats the other part of the problem. My entire community, 50+ people who had direct Tv has dumped it in favor of other cheaper to them alternatives like Roku, Youtube TV etc. I myself is fixing to dump Dish as well. I can pay a little less for Amazon Prime and get TV service annually for half what I pay stupid Dish for reruns and blocked sports games. Im already migrating myself.

But personal problems aside related to topic, I offered a idea or two and am making changes myself backing up my words.

I consider this change a pernament one. Old style broad cast television with new content once or twice a month is no good. Dish is also no good. Im moving for on demand content including games. I don't mind if the game has been played last week. It's a pernament change in my life and future and so many people.

10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Po box? Use a place like mail box etc, or similar. Most will give you the business address to use.

It's what full time rv'ers do when it comes to an address on the road. Gets you around the "No po boxes" allowed rule.

When I direct tv they would run promotions for the nfl thing. 3 months free, then pay or something along those lines. Been awhile. I no longer use direct tv or cable. Plenty of other services and far cheaper.

Good luck.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Cut the cord, an liked it.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Just switched from Cable to DirecTV... we got 3 free months of all the Pay Movie channels and the first year we get the NFL for free. Not sure if the regular price.

I would agree with the above statement of find a friend with DirecTV... offer to pay part of their Package and the NFL Package... then use the DirecTV App and enjoy your TV viewing.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.