How is Covenant Transport?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by DemondB, Sep 18, 2015.

1. nicknack

nicknack Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    DemondB, use this forum as a research tool as much as possible, don't jump at the 1st company to offer you a position, you can do a lot better than covenant, I could be wrong but covenant has more negative post than positive

Lone Ranger 13 and DemondB Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Good luck with Covenant.
    If you discover it's not what you want, then look at Abilene Motor Express in Richmond. They hire new CDL grads and no forced teaming.

4. rachi

rachi Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2010
    SoCal
    Might want to consider going with a company like prime that offer APU's to keep ya cool.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I worked for em for a year, 2012. I never saw any religious antics at all. They are a starter company and you will be running team. The hardest part of the whole team thing is sleeping. If you are on a long run, its not bad. The short runs with your co-driver stopping starting and turning alot are no fun. Some of the previous posts up there are pure nonsense. We ran alot of coast to coast runs. some short runs also but not many. It's a decent company in my opinion. If you have questions about anything dont hesitate to ask your fleet manager because they may not volunteer some info. My former partner still works there .

T_Bone and DemondB Thank this.
  6. Carioca

Carioca Bobtail Member

Sep 26, 2015
    What you said is not true. They are'nt interested in your religious believes , the Company is good , the people treat you with respect , and the pay is fair.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
    DemondB and austinmike Thank this.
  7. DemondB

DemondB Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Richmond Va
    And thats what i look for the most

8. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Company shill much?

Go ahead DemondB, join em and see how you like it. But I don't ever want to see you bytching on here about them after.

DemondB Thanks this.
  9. DemondB

DemondB Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Richmond Va
    No one can push their beliefs on me..Im just here for the $$$. Im baptist and i dont judge anyone..to each is own...just tryna drive and get this paper

10. Trckdrvr

Trckdrvr Heavy Load Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Georgia
    Covenant was my first company and I actually went to their school they used to have..i stayed with them 2 years.I spent 3 weeks with my trainer and then went solo for 1 year after that they asked me to train a few students and I spent a few months driving team and training students until I made the decision to go home and get a local job, but when I put in my notice to quit and go local Covenant offered me a local job at one of their terminals near my house..I spent another year as a local driver until I missed the OTR and decided I didn't care for local..
    At that point I had almost 3 years driving and was offered a better road job at more pay than Covenant could offer..that was almost 15 years ago.
    All in All I cant say Covenant was any worse than any other mega carrier..but it was very very difficult to get thru that 1st year(No doubt)..

Good luck.

DemondB and T_Bone Thank this.
  11. DemondB

DemondB Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2015
    Richmond Va
    Thanks bud for the reply..I got it in my head already no matter where or what company i go to...that first year is gonna be rough..i keep that attitude then i should be fine..but its just finding a good teamate is gonna be a trip

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.