How Is Covid 19 Affecting Your Job?

Discussion in 'Other Trucking News' started by Deadbeat Dad, Apr 26, 2020.

1. jdimes

jdimes Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2011
    somewhere, usa
    Yeah it’s slowed down considerably for what we mainly haul, company decided to take away the guarantee weekly pay which I understand if you’re not running. Been off since Thursday and this seems to be the norm 1-3 trips a week if you’re lucky

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It's a mixed bag. Our system drivers are hurting, but I'm "helping out" (aka they can't find enough suckers to work this account for what they want to pay) on a dedicated account. We were warned that things would be slowing down this week as several of the plants we deliver packing supplies to are responding to the reduced demand. Decent Monday, slowish Tuesday, okay Wednesday, then Thursday was "OH-MY-JEEEPERS-WE-NEED-CAPACITY". Seems the other carrier running our of "our" plant had a shortage of drivers/trucks (they slipseat so who knows are they short drivers or did drivers say "I'm not getting in that germ mobile"). I ended up working on Saturday to cover the extra loads and they wanted me staged back at the plant tonight until I pointed out that pesky 70 hour rule. "Do you want me to have 12 on the 14 and 68 on the 70 or 14 on the 14 and 8 on the 70?"

Dennixx and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  4. Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2020
    Well, the newz, as usual, is pushing the “supply chain is breaking” terror campaign on us now. Apparently, Tyson foods is having some type of problem which is being blamed on Covid 19. I don’t know what Tyson’s real story is but I do know that all the other products are in greater supply than ever right now. Other than whatever Tyson is peddling on us, at the moment all the rest of our supply chain is producing like crazy. Our Foodlion DC is packed with an endless, steady supply of trucks bringing products from all over the country.

I’m really glad that all you drivers are posting what you’re going through; that’s the real stuff. Sadly, I think that it’s getting ever more obvious, and ominous, that we are being manipulated by what is being continually pumped into us, via all news and much social media, and there’s a good chance that it’s all by design. It’s unfortunate that, even when it comes down to a very serious situation such as the Covid 19 literally changing our lives right in front of us, some of us just can’t resist bringing up their political beliefs; why can’t we just talk about the real stuff and keep on topic? To take any political sides at this late stage in the game is really just a type of surrender to someone else’s ideas and general BS that has absolutely nothing to do with the well being of all the rest of us. Both the Republicans and the Democrats are utterly ridiculous and to defend either side is simply selling yourself, very cheaply, to a force that doesn’t care about you in any way.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    G13Tomcat and Lite bug Thank this.
  5. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Dang. You got serious denial issues.

There are currently 6 processing plants down. Not just Tyson. And I know a couple more in my state that haven't been on the news.

The supply issues have been known for couple weeks now.

6. Deadbeat Dad

Deadbeat Dad Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2020
    There’s a steady stream of trucks coming in and out of our DC; even as I write this, I’m looking at them right now. Despite the possible meat shortage threat from certain suppliers, and the blown up infatuation with toilet paper, our supply chain, at the moment, is jamming at more than full capacity.

As soon as I finish writing this post, I’m off to my truck, then picking up my assigned trailer full to the roof and the roll up door with cans, dog food, pickles, spaghetti-o’s, brown gravy, Dinty Moores Beef Stew, Chunky soups, cat litter, water water everywhere which we can drink, and a virtual sea of plastic, blue boxes stuffed to the brim with cosmetics, creams, old spice, shampoos, doggie play toys, and baby wipes.

Makes me want to grab me some ‘Depends’ while I’m at it.

No denying that.

BTW, what are the names of the couple more processing plants in your state that are closing down? I’m gonna’ check em’ out online; if they’re shutting down, they’ll be available to verify via the internet, even if not on the news.

7. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    Deadbeat Dad and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Dennixx and Deadbeat Dad Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.