How Is Driving For Knight?

Discussion in 'Knight' started by movinalong, Oct 7, 2006.

1. movinalong

movinalong Bobtail Member

Oct 7, 2006
    West Coast
    :wave: Hi to any body out there! Iam new at this, but can any one driving for Knight or has drove for them give me some talk & discuss on the company? I'm a new driver & want to drive for a company that will put me in California & Oregon on the 5. Thanks to you!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Been driving for Knight out of Phx for 3 years now. Use to drive the I5 a lot but always got stranded in Portland for a day or two before getting out!! Knight yard in Seattle is a 'postage stamp!'---can't turn around with a Pete 379. Knight has good & bad points---no forced dispatch, home weekly, decent trucks, but has one of the lowest trailer-to-tractor ratios---about 2:1. Means lots of looking for MT's!! I think that the driver turn-over rate is now approaching Swifts!! They used to be a great co. about 5-6 years ago, but have turned into a Swift-wannabee co.! They specialize in "cheap freight"---freight nobody (other than Swift) wants! Lots of crappy customers...good luck! Just treading water until I retire in couple of years,

4. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Knight is a garbage outfit! Especially The Carlisle,PA terminal.

5. maddawg36432

maddawg36432 Bobtail Member

Dec 29, 2006
    the worst job ive ever had. they still owe me over $400.00 and thats been three years ago.they will also send you to new york city when your supposed to be running s.e. regional. avoid this company at all cost!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Oh, come on. I've been to that yard, and there's plenty of room to turn around!

If you're driving a Geo Metro... :smt042

7. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Desert Southwest
    Last time was there was 8 mos ago...was at dead end of street, typical arangement was 10 personal vehicles, maybe 16 trlrs total---I had to leave early to let another Pete 379 into yd to turn around!!:happy4:

8. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Ya, I was in a VN670 and it sucked for me. (And I've got 10 yrs experience including convenience store delivery and rolloff.) Knight says it's a "Terminal," I say it's a microscopic excuse for a drop yard. I was...um, let's say, "unimpressed." :biggrin_25513:

9. truckinbill

truckinbill Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2007
    modesto,ca
    I Agree they're cheap and should only be hiring students and retirees...
    they don't deserve experienced drivers

10. truckinbill

truckinbill Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2007
    modesto,ca
    If you go to work for knight you better keep a bankruptcy attorney on your speeddial

11. intrepid

intrepid Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2007
    knight transportation will bring you in saying that bussiness is great and that work is booming don`t believe this bull. at first the first week or so is ok but then i got stuck in colarado for two days and on the third day i was dispatched on a load outta golden,co. and sat all day waiting and then suddenly the load was non-existent, no one knew what had happend. then they said they didn`t have a trailer for the co. to load. thats another thing they don`t have enough trailers i spent 4 hrs. looking for a trailer 1 morning and i missed my appointment time cause of this, and during orientation all the big wigs come in 1 at a time giving you there spill and they will give you there bussiness cards and say if you ever need anything just call us we are 24/7 call our cell phones, this is also bull, i had trouble 1 night and not no one answered the phone any where! but they do have good equipment/ tractors there all new volvos, but what good is the tractor if there is no trailer or loads? if you decide to go with this company you better have an ace in the hole in case you get screwed. and they will charge you for fuel if you decide to quit and come home to your home terminal empty! and they are cheap liars

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.