How is it that SWIFT manages to wreck so many trucks?

Discussion in 'Swift' started by striker, Oct 17, 2011.

1. MustangMark83

MustangMark83 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Winter Haven, FL
    people tend to believe everything they hear from the liberal media. my trainer at werner said the same thing about ronnie.

Injun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. richierich723

richierich723 Light Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lexington Kentucky
    I'm from Kentucky and yes Fed-Ex and UPS flies down the roads whether they are in 53's are doubles I've seen more wrecks from these guys then any other company

Cochise Thanks this.
  4. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    Yeah, and many of those FedEx trucks you see being operated in that manner, a big time professional O/O's.

5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    And many that I have been seeing lately, not even from America. Do not know what it is about FedEx that makes them think that they are so special. :biggrin_25513:

6. mustang970

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    If Swift has 16,000 trucks, and wrecks say 1600 per year.
    And a big time owner operator has 1 truck, and gets in.a wreck.
    The O/O's wrecked 100% of his/her trucks, while Swift only wreck 10%.
    Hmm.

bigmikectn Thanks this.
  7. mustang970

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    I wonder, how many swift trucks are involved in.accidents each year, or monthly?
    Not at all being negative, now just curious the real #.
    If based on a percentage of trucks vs miles run, how do they stack up against their peers.

8. Skunk_Truck_2590

Skunk_Truck_2590 Road Train Member

Feb 16, 2007
    Stonewall, LA.
    Well a reasonable explinantion to the OP's question: A while back one of Swift's terminals/schools (in Knoxville,TN. in memory serves me) was raided and shut down by several 3 letter agencies for handing out fake CDL's to people who had never been in a truck before and sticking them out on the road. Of coarse Swift denied all doing with said school but then again Jerry has had his hands slapped a time or two Monopoly. Thats why he gave Central Refidgerated to his daughter to keep his arse out of trouble. Back in the late 90's (any of you remember this?) Jerry also got in trouble for cutting his trucks down so low that they were considered a road hazard and it was voiding the warranties on the trucks (the old FLD120's) because it was burning them up so you would see them on the side of the road all the time broke down, overheated and some even on fire.

I hope they get the hint and stop calling me soon before I go ape #### on them calling me every 1-3 hours for the past week and a half. Weriner is next in line for the same crap but their not doing it as much as Swift is.

The Challenger Thanks this.
  9. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Skunk, that was in 2007 in Millington, TN. The school was not shut down. Their third party testing was removed from the program. That was it.

Wasn't much of a raid. Theyb asked for paperwork, swift said to come back in the morning with a warrant, they did and Swift had everything waiting for them in boxes. Big, dramatic raid.

Cochise and inkeper Thank this.
  10. DenaliDad

DenaliDad Retired Wheel Dog

From the FMCSA A&I SMS website:

Total Crashes: 1,490 (not per year...total)
    Tow-aways: 1,421
    Injuries/Fatalities: 469
    Drivers: 14,300
    Power Units: 16,216

Miles Traveled 2010: 1,637,678,162

Cochise Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Injun,

Swift still uses 3rd party testers in OK and in some other states for their students to test out on their CDL road tests, skills tests and pre-trips.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.