How is JB Hunt now days? Regional..

Discussion in 'JB Hunt' started by FreightlinerGuy, Jan 26, 2016.

1. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    I worked there for 1 year

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ramjet6875

ramjet6875 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Surprise, Arizona
    Any recommendations about JB hunt? Looking at trying them out for a dedicated account in Arizona

4. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Is it team? I'd go back to doing local with them in a heartbeat. I must be home every night. They have called me all the time over the years asking if I will do a regional dedicated or solo out of Buckeye. They've sent me gift cards for the J just for shooting the breeze with them. They called with two local jobs, but that was right when my Dad needed 24 hour care, so nothing I could do. If that guy calls tomorrow with a local gig, I'd do it in a second.
    I did a 11 western regional with them long time ago. I liked them, and recommend them to anyone. Definitely the friendliest large carrier I've run across. They had cars you could take to run errands with when you were at the terminals, so you could leave the truck there. Many times rolled into the terminal right into a full on bar-b-q.
    Showers and terminals were always really clean. I ran out of Southgate, only came to Phoenix for hometime. Mostly was triangle from Phoenix to SoCal, up to Washington or Oregon, come back with the GIANT paper rolls ( 4 x 11K lbs.) to SoCal. Sometime go Idaho and take stuff Vegas.
    This was winter 2005 to fall 2007. Made between $700 to $800 /wk. consistently. ( take home )
    I recommend them to anyone that wants to go company.

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  5. GCDMN.

GCDMN. Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Minnesota
    Don't be afraid of all the reviews of gloom and doom you find when you look them up. In the DCS account I'm running it's pretty good. Its regional and we cover 10 states in Midwest. I'm usually gone about 30-34 hours on my longer runs. Have turnable runs also. Been in my own bed 4 times a week. If that account is anything like mine the biggest problem is during the week your pretty much working 3rd shift and then on your reset you get all messed up if you want to spend time with the family or friends. Money is what they claim or better so very little bs there.

Vincent2254 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.