How is Millis Transfer as a company?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by nightwolf, Nov 9, 2008.

1. nightwolf

nightwolf Bobtail Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I am looking for another company to work for. Anyone have any problems or good things to say about Millis? I have 3 years experience so I don't need the school or training. Just want to work for a decent company with a clean truck and good miles.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    i have heard lots of good about millis, almost went there for their school but I couldnt afford to have no pay for 3 weeks.

other than that any millis driver i talked to was happy there.

I hear they run lots of BEER

4. He who is called I am

He who is called I am Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Da U P Eh, Michigan

They are an ok company. Thats about all i can say. The one bad rap would be that they run a crap load of miller beer which is horrible sometimes cuz you have to have a bulkhead set up in the front of the trlr. The problem comes when someone else puts the bulkhead 2 far from the front and makes it impossible to make it legal. lol. pain in the buttocks. Not to mention sometimes when they throw a row of kegs on the back of the trlr its hard to secure them correctly cuz of the way the dock men load it. I usually have to stack them myself to get it right. When you pick up in wisconsin its not bad at all but those jokers in ohio plant always screw it up costing you time. But what can you do eh.

Baack Thanks this.
  5. BillyBR

BillyBR Bobtail Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Huron,Ohio
    I have watched several loads of beer be unloaded at the Trenton terminal due to the bulkhead in the wrong spot, they do it rather quickly and not that time consuming.

6. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

Drove for them in the late 90's lets just say the trucks they had then were ToP of the line NOT THE POS STRIPPED FLEET MODELS THEY ARE NOW. We used to have every option KW could put into the trucks. The last one I looked in I cringed. Also here is what yo will haul Glass Beer Pallets Papers scrap Paper Beer and if you are lucky MORE BEER. If you like running HEAVY go company if you want miles I could think of better companies for you.

7. slingblade07

slingblade07 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Commerce, GA
    Curious about this bulkhead thing, I picked up a load a the coors plant in VA last week, and I was maxed out on my gross, but nothing was done to my trailer.

8. ironeagle2006

ironeagle2006 Road Train Member

Coors uses a standard size pallet IIRC been a couple years since I pulled out of that place. However Budwiper and Miller uses a Smaller pallet like 32X30 and you have to bulkhead the SOB's or you will be nose heavy with no way to get it off. And if those SOB's are not set right you can be in a world of hurt. Trenton loaded my last load wrong load of kegs on a presealed trailer that had Loadlocks and everything in it. I got to the reciever and then headed in to turn my truck in. She ended up in the bodyshop I had taken a rail for a bulkhead through the nose of the trailer and it had punched a hole in the back of my T2000 man they were mad at me. Then they saw that the load was set up for 5 feet Bulkhead setting yet the Trailer had been loaded at a 7 foot setting and I had picked up the trailer PRRESEALED.

9. spanky

spanky Medium Load Member

Apr 13, 2007
    east tn
    You know i drive for millis and i have never had a problem with a bulkhead. Yes sometimes you have to stretch the trailer tandems out a little but have never had a problem getting it legal.

10. Markk9

Markk9 "On your mark"

Nov 26, 2006
    Lehigh Valley, PA
    I drove for Millis 3 years, never had a problem. Like any job or company once you learn the ropes they are a good company and treated me very well. I drove 128K first year, 132K second year, and 141K on the third year.

Mark

11. Arthur Dent

Arthur Dent Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Starship Bistromath
    Mark:
    Thanks for posting your 3 year mileage results. Over that same period, what was your approximate ratio of home time?
    Thanks, GD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.