How long before my authority is canceled/disintegrated?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by rccarlson22, Dec 7, 2021.

1. ProfessionalNoticer

ProfessionalNoticer Road Train Member

Apr 25, 2021
    It pays to get your loss/run and rate shop about 30 days before your renewal every year. Why did Berkshire raise your premium so high?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rccarlson22

rccarlson22 Medium Load Member

Aug 27, 2019
    getting my loss runs was easy. And even after they sent it and I told them I wasn’t renewing with them, they didn’t bat an eye. I asked why it was going up so much, their answer “it’s just an industry-wide increase, nothing you did wrong in particular.”

Whatever

4. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    My rates didn't budge a dime. Sounds like Berkshire is gouging due to the current climate. Ever looked into Great West? I have an awesome agent if you ever want to get a quote from them.

Lysdexis and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    Same as Progressive. I had them for car insurance, and they kept increasing it every year. Meanwhile, the last time I've even been pulled over was 2003, and I've never been in any kind of wreck, knock on wood. Same BS excuse. I moved on to GEICO, and it drops every year. Industry-wide increase my ###...

My first year with Progressive was 11k. Second year, they wanted 13k. No accidents, loss runs, tickets, nothing. "Industry-wide yadda yadda excuse". Great West wanted 16k. I went with them. They're more of a long-term company in my opinion. Plus, I like the vanishing deductible thing. And they have $5k towing insurance as well. I expect a good drop next time, since I'll have two years on my authority. *fingers crossed*

6. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I'm surprised GW took you before you had two years under your belt. The two year mark is a good time. I feel strongly your rates will drop a few thousand per year at least. Progressive was a pain to deal with and they nickel and dimed me over everything. I shop around every renewal no matter what though. It keeps my agent on their toes and I have a good idea of what I should be paying regardless of who I choose.

dwells40 and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  7. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    I’ve had Northland for years. Seems my agent says every renewal that they have the best rate according to her. I’ve wondered if they push Northland due to there kickbacks.

rccarlson22 Thanks this.
  8. rccarlson22

Aug 27, 2019
    I got on with Berkshire when they were brand new in this business so I think that’s why I got such a good deal. Now they’re more established.

I didn’t look into them. I did shop 5 companies large and small. My agent got me the policy through progressive, although I haven’t finalized. I’ll give GW a call tomorrow just to be sure.

PM me on your agents details please

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  9. rccarlson22

Aug 27, 2019

Gosh insurance is such a pain, never use it but you keep getting charged more.

I had Geico as my personal vehicle insurance for a year then they went up in price and gave me the whole industry wide shpeel and now I’m with Elephant on the personal vehicles

God prefers Diesels Thanks this.
  10. Lysdexis

Lysdexis Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    I'm a new venture and great west put me at 12k a year, granted I've owned the truck for over a year now but didn't need an authority for what I was doing. Decided to make the change for 22 to be able to do more and my agent got me that rate for 1 truck 1 trailer and 1 driver on unlimited miles.

I was actually surprised with how cheap it was being a new venture. From what I've been told they are excellent to work with.

11. ProfessionalNoticer

Apr 25, 2021
    I didn't know they took new authorities either. Congrats! They're certainly taking care of you.

Lysdexis Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.