How long do your drive tires last?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by mitmaks, Apr 27, 2018.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    yes it is Unheard of.

nofilter Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Wish i had put a hubmeter on the trailer so i could more easily get an exact mileage on the tires. I've done just enough power only loads that it would be a pain to go back in the notebooks to subtract out that mileage for an exact number. An educated guess will have to do.

4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Wow looks like Hancock get the best milage if the price for the tyres was around the same i'd certainly be going for that brand on my wheels.

Hurst Thanks this.
  5. BoyWander

BoyWander Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Michigan
    I'm getting the Ecopia 283s right now, having them do a 3 axle alignment also. 130k on the drives and still tread left. Having them rotated also.

Gonna try to make it to winter on them. Also bridgestone.

6. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    I think centramatics are virtually useless and ineffective for drives and only marginally useful for steers. Save your money. I've got a set of centramatics for steers and drives sitting in my shop that I pulled off the truck several years ago.

nofilter and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  7. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I tried DL11 because I couldnt get the DL07 and barely got 300k out of them.

Also had a bad experience with Hankook steers. Replaced at 60k because the shaking was so bad from the tires cupping.

As long as I continue to get at least 200k out of Michelin steers I'll keep using them. I get a few chunks missing here and there. But for the most part they wear evenly and remain smooth until I replace them.

Hurst

Tug Toy Thanks this.
  8. special-k

special-k Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Southern Ontario Canada
    I'm running dl07's right now. Ok on the dry. Wearing ok rides on. Terrible on wet snow and ice of any sort. Deep snow and powder ok. I got stuck on flat ground this year lol. Was just above freezing and they melted the snow a little and that was it. Had to throw a chain under the tire. I'm siping them for next winter as an experiment. They can't be any worse than they are now. Thats pulling heavy with a 40000lbs empty weight.

9. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Which model is that? I need somethng that the tri-axle can't scrub off.....

10. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Agree,.. not good for mud or snow. But then with my truck it doesnt matter,.. spit in front of my drives and I'll get stuck. But great long wear life. Much better than the DL11's.

Hurst

11. Caterpillar Cowboy

Caterpillar Cowboy Heavy Load Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Wyoming
    I'm on track to get 2.5 seasons out of a set of Yokohama LY053's. Compared to some of the other virgin tires I've had before they go into recap rotation I am very impressed with this, and my next set of caps will be the Bandag logger lug.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.