how long does a dac report stay on record ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by superflow, Jan 8, 2015.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    ....if us drivers all keep getting bashed with bad dac reports , i guess it will be normal to look like bad drivers to hire & we know what that means ......the prospective employer raises an eye browl , tells the driver , not sure we can hire you with this track record & then offers some ridiculous rate to drive junk equipment and alot of free work ....it's kindve a one way landslide against the drivers it seems

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    T
    .....i hear ya ...i take extreme care of my driving record also ,it's bad enough we to also watch everyone else on the road too because any other vehicle out here us can end up on your dac report weather if you had anything to do with it or not .....you pay for it & we don't make $ anymore to pay for alot

4. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I know there are some companies out there that live by the DAC history reports. But the majority of them see through the BS from the driver, or the company that made the entry. I have a close friend that recruits for 3 major trucking companies. She looks at DAC reports all day long ........6-7 days a week. You wouldn't believe some of the funny stories she passes on to me about drivers and trucking companies. I never gave my DAC much thought until recently. I haven't driven commercially for about 9 years. When I saw the incident/accident entry by JB Hunt............I had to sit back and think for quite a while before I remembered the paper shift incident.

Here is what my friend tells me that she looks for (not in specific order):
    1. Preventable accidents
    2. Abandoned trucks
    3. Speeding tickets..........15 mph over the speed limit is a automatic disqualification for some companies.
    4. DUI/Impaired
    5. Certain misdemeanors
    6. Employment gaps
    7. Failed drug tests
    8. Job hoppers ...... too many jobs in a certain time frame.
    9. Credit history ......... for 1 company that she recruits for.

superflow Thanks this.
  5. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    When we have dac reports companies , i think it will change the trucking industry for the better , drivers will have a chance to see the companies turn over rate ,csa ,history & such ....and no more surprises for the driver

6. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    Yeah,I agree.it seems like companies look for anything negative on your "record" to put the screw to you. We had a driver " big ole boy,kind of slow kinda ugly in the face". Well he couldnt drive a truck safely. Daycab so what did they do,issued him a sleeper and sort of used him as a " crash test dummy" took 40 or 50% of his checks to pay for "damages" to the truck every two weeks!! The lead drivers would place pieces of the truck by the front office doors for everyone to see coming into work! He showed up everyday(kept trying) and eventually turned into the best driver at the company. No BS.I can imagine his DAC report! JUST Saying: with enough luck and experience most anyone can make it. HE had so much expense and bad DAC he knew he had to stay and stay he did. Still there! Saw him on companies website 2 weeks ago facebook pictures.

superflow Thanks this.
  7. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    So basically they trapped him with his dac report , i have a feelin they are making alot $ off his back

BUMBACLADWAR Thanks this.
  8. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    We pretty much now have a tool (as drivers) to see a company's profile and CSA score. All one has to do is go to the website, type in the name, and then search all the criteria. Now from that research, one can still decide to apply or move on. Of course it always makes sense to move on, but some drivers may live near a particular company, or said company may have a work schedule a driver is seeking, so like buying a used car the saying of, "buyer beware" will apply here as well.

superflow Thanks this.
  9. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    I think a lot of what goes on with DAC entries is directly related to the driver/company relationship. I have seen a lot of drivers go "logger heads" with dispatchers instead of asking for a sit down, with the dispatcher and his/her supervisor when things go sour. I have been there a couple times myself dealing with a young (know it all) dispatcher. She was constantly sending BS comments over the Qualcom. I had a load that went near my home terminal, so I pulled in and asked the terminal manager if he had a minute to look at my Qualcom. After he read it over for a couple minutes, he arranged a sit down a few days later and we all settled the situation right there.

It is never a good thing to leave any company in a huff, or leaving enemies behind, because it never ends well.

10. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    I don't know how many years you been at trucking before you left in 2003? But i'll tell you this much, and IF I WERE ABLE to prove it I would, that the original DAC offices that were in Oklahoma had bullet proof glass installed, and ALL the doors steel fortified and dead-bolted, after a very heated argument with at least ONE trucker that went there in person to dispute what was on his DAC?

That WAS how bad DAC was back then. Wrong information was being put into driver's files, but what no one seemed to understand was that DAC was supposed to be a sort of "holding place" of files on drivers that any company could call up and get, rather than calling an individual company and tie up that former employer. DAC was not actually adding things on thier own, they were adding whatever the former employers were feeding them! But, that put DAC into the darkest light ever.

Also, the letters DAC, never meant anything, as per the originator of it! In fact, the originator of DAC, well HIS initials were those, but just not in that arrangement! Again, if I could prove what I am saying I would. How ever it became "Drive-A-Check" (DAC) no one really knows, and IT WAS ASSUMED that is what DAC meant.

As much as what I have just said, is from memory, I can try looking up the history of DAC, I just don't think I'll find any from when it was first sold to USIS, then to HireRight.

11. G.Anthony

Dec 10, 2014
    Update #1

DAC Services assembles reports with information obtained from various sources including, but not limited to, a driver's previous employers. DAC is not required to verify the information supplied by employers unless or until a report is disputed by the driver. So basically, whatever a former employer would like to say about you, whether true or not, will be on your report and will not be investigated unless you report a dispute. That is what causes many "DAC nightmares" that drivers experience from former employers.

http://www.truckingtruth.com/trucki...nd-your-mvr-how-companies-use-them-for-hiring

Montgomery and superflow Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.