how long does a dac report stay on record ?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by superflow, Jan 8, 2015.

1. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    ....i agree
    I usually fly under the radar myself & when i leave a company ill blow plenty of smoke up the bosses butt on the way out the back door , ill have something already lined up ,sometimes the hard part is keeping my mouth shut just before making the decision to leave for the reasons to make that decision ....trying to reason with the company works out sometimes but i would say most times it falls on def ears ......leaving in a huff will never do a driver any good , it doesn't both the company a bit and only leaves a bad smell on the driver ....kindness kills

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    -
    ...i found this sight by accident ,it's been a great information source , I've been with current company for almost 5 yrs now & in fact i am one of the original drivers to help build the company up from the ground up , we are still just a tiny company but it seems like the bigger we get the more BS we are getting , I've seen this before so i know it's just a matter of time before everything we built will go to the crapper , we are starting to loose good drivers & replace them with bad drivers that bend over for them out of fear & then they expect it from all the rest of us drivers , so i am looking for the back door & doin the
    "shuck& jive·" ....I'm getting too old to waste more time with dead end jobs ....i know i have to keep a good track record & do alot of research on companies before i find something more solid & worth their weight , i use my cell phone for this sight so it's with me all day at work while I'm in a dock i can hop on here and contemplate my future .....i am kind but firm with my current company and they don't like anyone sticking up for themselves ,so i feel like a target for them but they don't know how to handle a wd40 driver with a thick skin ,it's all done with kindness & witt as i head for the back door , in fact when i do leave them i will be sure to leave the door open with just for the fact it would be to my own best interest & not theirs , this way is working out best for me on all sides by using this sight not only for entertainment .....knowledge is power

4. South Bound

South Bound Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Lower 48
    Just curious, if someone did abandon a truck, and the company put it on the dac would it actually say vehicle abandonment? Thanks

5. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    I think it does, but when ever I would up and quit, it was always at the home or satellite terminals. So my DAC would only say "NO" to rehire, or "subject to review for re-hire". But like I said, a bad thing or two on MY DAC, never stopped me from getting another job.

6. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    .....there are alot of abandonments on driver dacs reports , even if the driver did the right thing and turned the equipment where they wanted it , so we might as well do it for real & then denie it ever happened ....this would appear to be normal ....if i had to carry abandoned equipment on my dac report , lets make it real

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  7. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Anytime I have quit a job I do it in writing! Make the employer sign it that I resigned.
    That way you have a leg up if it goes on the Hire Right report as anything else....I have a couple rehire after review on mine but that never stopped me from getting another job.
    Just cover your azzes drivers! Never quit without something in writing and pictures of the truck that was turned in with no damage!

8. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Actually what I have done is an inventory of the things I turned in, like the fuel card, EZ-Pass, keys, anything else truck/company related, and had a supervisor sign off on that, hand him a copy, and of course I kept one. I would also MAKE SURE that I had copies of ALL my DVIR reports for at the very least 2 to 4 weeks prior that showed any damages, and I would ALWAYS turn in a copy to the company each time at the end of the shift. I ALSO always kept the DVIR book as even MORE of a back up.

It helps to that when someone get's assigned a truck, do a complete inspection, mark down ALL scratches and dents, and missing body trim like chrome strips for instance and give them a copy, you keep one, again, I save THAT inspection book as well.

9. LLittlejohn

LLittlejohn Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2019
    What to do when a company falsified documents for accidents you never had. Got a police report you wasn't present for. Plus you have no tickets

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.