How Many Different Ways to Align a Truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Blind Driver, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Blind Driver

Blind Driver Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2006
    New Albany, IN
    I used to seeing the Hunter style of lifting a vehicle and mounting the sensors.

Now I'm seeing various lasers mounted to sticks. Seems pretty hokie to me. When the stick is placed against the sidewall of the tire, the lettering on the sidewall seems to be a variable. The lettering could change the final result.

My truck needs an alignment and I want the best alignment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    google md alignment and find a shop near you hands down they do the best job

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    You can set the toe with a tape measure. Measuring hub center to hub center, matching the distance between axles will make sure they're all aligned, too. Truck alignments were being set and adjusted long before the fancy high dollar equipment was available, and those old ways still work.

5. GrapeApe

GrapeApe Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    This is a very popular topic, do some searching and read up on it. It doesn't really matter how it's done, what matters is the end result. An experienced alignment guy can do a good job with a few home made tools and a measuring tape. On the other hand, a inexperienced guy can do a crappy job with a top of the line alignment rack. Do some checking in your area and see who has a good reputation.

magoo68, Goodysnap, SAR and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.