How many Million Milers do we have?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by striker, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    No you don't. We're talking career here, not just any one carrier.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nonsense

nonsense Light Load Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Del Mar, CA
    Ah ok, that sounds good, well Werner is the only trucking company I've worked for soo far...:biggrin_25520:

4. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    How do u keep track of miles? Most my carriers are out of business. Only one was with AtA. The rest where mom n pop outfits till my most current one which is a mega carrier and happy with.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

5. Sublime

Sublime Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Twin Cities, MN
    Keep your log books or keep a running total. It may be OCD or something but I've kept every log book from the past 24 years. :biggrin_25523:

bama339 Thanks this.
  6. therealsmurfette

therealsmurfette Bobtail Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Washington,D.C.
    Like having 1 shifter instead of 3 in a truck that was louder than a locomotive train "back in the day" and simply love the idea of power steering,modern catwalks,work lights on tractor(rarely using a flashlight),air ride instead of bouncing all over the place tearing your entire body apart! Now,that being said - Today,I can't live with the low dollars ,hurry up and wait attitudes from shippers/receivers,being dispatched by some student who needs an income while attending college (totally unqualified and clueless),17 day CDL students training each other behind the wheel of a truck posing as "team" drivers just to accommodate corporate "greed" (these drivers usually back into my truck while I'm sleeping at the truckstop) and coming to the realization that the industry I love is no longer about "safety" but "volumes of money" instead...I really miss the truckers old school family "all for one and one for all" and mainly the good/happy/helpful times when we had those wild tailgate festivities anywhere we felt like it! *sigh*

Speedloader Thanks this.
  7. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    I'll do it old fashion way. Never taken a vacation in 17 years roughly 10,500miles a month times 17 years. 10500x12x17=2,142,00 miles got my first warning ticket sat no seatbelt oops.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

8. SmokinBoles

SmokinBoles Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Seville, OH
    SURE DOES! Need to start somewhere and I am WAY below that right now.....

9. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    Was rootin round youtube late last night--came across this--thought y'all might get a kick outta this--and on a personal note--watched my grandfather do this--never really pulled it off--typically a two hander myself--but listen--just CLICKING--now that's a HAND
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uhkygogd1A

Hammer166 Thanks this.
  10. Oldman pops

Oldman pops Bobtail Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Alabama
    3.25 mil. Couldn't begin to count the speeding tickets.

11. tdmac13

tdmac13 Bobtail Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Working on 3million. 0/0 and not on anyone's "BEST BOY LIST", though I have had a perfect record for some 10 years. Just don't have to take their crap. BEEN THERE DUM THAT, GO AWAY... Know what I mean?

Speedloader and bama339 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.