How many Million Milers do we have?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by striker, Dec 7, 2009.

1. allday

allday Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Here's a funny for you guys. I've said for a long time now. You haven't lived until you've chained up all the way around, in two feet of mud or got lost in the suburbs of Los Angeles with a pot full of hogs headed for farmer Johns, just weeks after the Los Angeles riots it's getting dark. And your scared, because people are looking at you in a funny manner. Lololol. Anyway enough of my ramblings. Thanks guys.

2. halfburn

halfburn Medium Load Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Jasper AL
    Staying OFF TOPIC, you have to be able to document for insurance and liability as much as ability.
    As for the original question I think we should require documentation for the million mile club.

3. mc8541ss

mc8541ss Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2007
    Lower Alabama
    Right at a million 4. Not accident or ticket free but the accidents were not my fault. Been rear ended twice.

4. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    A little over 1.3m now. Too bad I haven't been making $1.00 per mile.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  5. booley

booley Medium Load Member

Feb 16, 2008
    I gotta be somewhere around 2 million. Been doin' it since 1977, but now I'm just part time. Had a few dings, nothing big and hardly any tickets

6. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Northeast PA
    I know it's like my 1st food service gig running 48s around NYC 5 days a week. I went into the oilfield instead of otr lol

7. MTN Boomer

MTN Boomer Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2019
    As far as documentation, good luck with that, you wouldn't believe it anyway

allday Thanks this.
  8. LDLWells

LDLWells Medium Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
  9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Over the years I have delivered in and out of the oil patch in Bakersfield, I have l have done store deliveries for Whole Foods and Rite Aide through out CA, AZ and NV. I have also done Dry Bulk to cement plants in the same states, driven 48 states and CA / TX dedicated, All of it takes a different resolve in driving technique, never get the idea that the other guy has it easier, he does not, only different. Each phase of driving has a different set of problems to deal with.

My personal favorite is running SoCal to the Houston area. The jury is out on the Pepsi gig I just started. Bakersfield to Mojave and back 3 times a night, generally a cake walk but kind of boring. No loading or unloading drop n hook both directions, I don't ever see in the load, securing the load not my problem. I like the home at the end of every shift. The money is OK not great but ok. Goes with the job.

allday Thanks this.
  • Draft saved Draft deleted