How many of you have ran into a member of TTR in person?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bigkev1115, Dec 23, 2017.

1. 417bigK

417bigK Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2018
    Southwest Mizzery (MO)
    Lol. I feel twice my age some days. I've always been different and usually more mature than people my age, plus it doesn't help I've been on my own and pretty much homeless since 17. So you age/jade faster with all that...
    I know I haven't had it as bad as some people, but I've definitely had it worse than most in general.

JReding Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    Didn't see this first couple times around.

I've met a few. More than a few near misses. A few that I wonder even exist. And a whole lot more I don't want to know. For that reason, nearly all have been positive encounters and we more or less keep in touch now and then. Some still on here, even more not any more. Funny, I have a long running group text message running on my phone with a few in the latter group.

Even ran with another local reefer hauler when his (formerly) best broker had an extra and I happen to be available to cover it. We still like each other, even though he's a slow poke and likes driving in Chicago. He drives a Volvo, but not a white one. I don't make fun of him for that. Much. LOL

Wouldn't mind crossing paths with a few good people on the left coast, but being a trucking wuss, I don't usually go west of I-35. My truck is prohibited in the heel shaped state out there anyways. And for sure don't want to tarnish my brand new 5 yr old tire chains one of them showed me how to install, when that day comes LOL.

With all that in mind, I would say the very small circle of my trucking friends is not people I ever would have imagined keeping in touch with before meeting them. Not in a bad way. More with just types of trucking, company driver versus o/o, and the like. It's a real diverse group, and only one on that list that does the same thing I do. Speaking of which, I owe that one a phone call since I missed his the other day.

It's all good. Most memorable contacts include two that I've never met in person: one old timer out in Texas offered rides and a place to stay after reading my report of trouble not far from him. Turns out I didn't need to take advantage, but I'll never forget that bold and generous offer. He knows who to call if he happens to take the wrong exit on the 20 and get in a jam in Atlanta. Another, and a friend of his that may or may not have made a move yet, that I owe a steak dinner for helping me smuggle some refrigerator parts. That's a funny story right there. Especially scheduling a phone call with someone in a time zone where it's already tomorrow morning. Fortunately, in my last profession, I had some experience doing that. It ain't easy being the international man of mystery. Haven't met them in person either, but hope to someday and buy them a nice dinner out.

I'd name names, but those folks have good reputations to keep!

4. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    lol if ya see me around don't be shy say hi....lol

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  5. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio
    I met @wore out here in town at the grain elevator, didnt get ta see Doc tho, unfortunately...

wore out Thanks this.
  6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Did you take the elevator and give him the shaft?

Grubby Thanks this.
  7. Grubby

Grubby Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2016
    Fostoria Ohio

Only you, Pard, only you... lmao

Bean Jr. and SHOJim Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.