how many people here happy driving??

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by mandiesel, Nov 9, 2007.

1. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana

Now if you become single let me know l.o.l. (just teasing as I am taken myself, but) My man doesn't even treat me that way and he is here every day:biggrin_25524:

You are a good man and your wife should be lucky to have you! Keep up the great work!

I know he loves me though & that's what counts (I guess:biggrin_25524:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MXH

MXH Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2006
    I love it. Best career decision ever.

Be sure to go w/a company that has a full sized/condo truck sleeper. Get a satalite radio, good cell phone, laptop w/wireless internet, and you're basically driving a recreational vehicle.

Also, get a good digital camera that also records moving pictures, and set it on your dashboard when the lot lizards show up!! It is sooo funny re-watching the coversations w/lot lizards and bums! And if you decide to *Buy* their services, record that too!

I get to see my mom on a regular basis, and I also get to see old Army buddies that I would not normally get to see in other jobs.

Does the job suck sometimes? HELL YES! But if you choose a decent company to start with, and you are serious about driving, you'll love it!

4. acw

acw Bobtail Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Florida
    Good Post...

good replys....keep um coming

good posts.....thanks!

interesting

informative

Good post....thanks

5. panhandlepat

panhandlepat Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2007
    it bis a tug of war with me. when i'm gone i long to be home.........
    when i'm home i dream of the highway. but ahhh i have always been a journey is better than the destination type of person.:biggrin_2552:

6. LuckyLady7

LuckyLady7 <strong>Good Luck Charm</strong>

Nov 8, 2007
    South Carolina
    I don't have small kids or a husband..or a boyfriend...but I do have grands I love very much! I love what I am doing but missing out on them growing up hurts me alot...I value the time I soend with them and when I do go home it makes the "homecoming" memorable. I am doing something I love and for that my grands understand and love me more...it was a hard decision for me to make to become a truck driver but its in my blood....everyone stay safe....:biggrin_255:

7. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    mandiesel,

I very much enjoy the the position of a truckdriver. I could not think of doing anything else except winning the lottery and then managing my funds! Although unlike 90% if the drivers here, I work local. I don't think I would like to be away from my family for an extended period of time or not there every weekend. Yes, there are jobs that pay more but there is something about driving that makes me happy. So far, this year I have made $66,140.24. It is not a lot but it is better than most and has paid the bills. Good luck in your career choice. Just keep an eye open because there are better jobs if you look for them.

Drive safe

8. Too-Tall

Too-Tall Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Pittsburgh PA
    i have no kids and my g/f works long hours anyway between 2 jobs and soon 1 job and school but we talk on the phone alot and she seems pretty cool with my being away, but im home every 11-14 days so im not gone forever and ever.

ive had a few negatives with the job but overall i love what i do and wouldnt trade it for anything. its great the freedom i have, the independance and the fun i have

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ

You sound like one that will hate trucking; get out, miss it come back, hate it, miss it, ........ I know been there!:biggrin_2559:

10. Big Pimpin

Big Pimpin Light Load Member

Nov 17, 2007
    KY
    I feel exactly the same I dont have any other trade or degree and I've driven class b and enjoyed it down in s. fl. I need to support my wife and 18 month old son I will miss them alot very hard to do.

11. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    I did enjoy it... At a point where I am not enjoying it as much... Just had a great company that I worked for go out of business and now I am back to square one in finding a great company top work for... The one I have now well lets just say its not all its cracked up to be, well that my experience so far....

Trucking gets into the blood and the desire to be out there will always be in me... You are a trucker or your not and you will know pretty quick if you are one or not....

Far as leaving home? I hate it.... I love my son more then anything and it eats me up to leave him... I have done everything possible to keep in touch with web cam ext.. it helps lot but I still want to be there...
    Life ....:biggrin_2552:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.