How many points on a license can restrict you from getting a local delivery job??

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by localguy65, Oct 8, 2012.

1. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Hey Everyone!

My first post here. I'm hopefully going to be starting CDL class B training in Florida early next year. Just curious as to how good of a driving record is needed. I basically have 3 tickets in the last 11 years. 2 of the 3 I was able to go defensive driver training and get the points removed. So I've had 4 points on my license. The last ticket was over 3 years ago. Is this too much or will some companies be ok with it? Will some companies not hire me or will some give me a shot??

Thanks for any replies.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    it most likely depends on the company you would apply at. some are okay with a few point, some are not.

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    A 4 pointer was a serious offense. But they only stay on your record 3 years. You have zero points now. You'll be okay. Lose the lead foot if you are going to drive professionally. :)

As far as employment goes most companies go back 3 years on major violations. Some it depends on the offense. DUI's and leaving the scene of and accident for example will take up to 10 years. 15 over you should be okay.

5. localguy65

localguy65 Light Load Member

Oct 8, 2012
    You hit it right on the head CondoCruiser. I'm very cautious now. Plus I don't wanna pay a $200+ ticket again. Thanks again for the replies!

6. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Yup, 3 yrs like everyone says your good. Remember your license is your resume. Don't risk anything even in your personnel car. Also DUI will almost kill your career for 10yrs or so. Take a cab or just don't drive.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.