How many times does the broker call you?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by 6wheeler, Feb 18, 2019.

1. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Ok so this morning around 9 a.m.

1. Broker calls and asks if I would move a shipment. I replied yes, I'm on it.

2. Broker calls and asks 15 minutes later if I got the rate confirmation? Could you sign it and send it back. What is your truck number, trailers number and driver's name? Where are you now and are you empty?

3. Broker send text message to track me. I don't bother with it.

4. Broker calls again at 1 p.m. to see if I'm going to pick up the load and if I was at the shipper. I missed the call.

5. Broker then sends an email asking if everything is ok.

Guess what, I reply back to the broker that the shipper is closed because of President Day.

If brokers ever bothered to call the shippers and receivers as they do with truck drivers, there would never ever be any problems again with detention, TONU and layovers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thouren

Thouren Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2018
    Detroit, MI
    That's one of the dumbest brokers I've ever seen, and I work at a company known for hiring idiots to flood the floor with dumb brokers!

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I had a load that ended up in blessed Iowa to deliver a sunday Am.

A load of alcohol in a trailer load from Busch St Louis. I automatically knew nothing will happen on sunday therefore Monday AM was the option. I had a wonderful stress free sunday between a service in one area and a national football game in another. That was interesting in Des Moines along with the food.

Brokers who call me only do it once. Cell phone is taken apart and Dispatch is the one that has to take up the rest of it, we don't do brokers period. That is what that satellite is for.

5. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    At the most, either they call me or I call them once a day. Courtesy call. If I were a broker, I'd want to know if all goes well too.

6. PPDCT

PPDCT Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2017
    St. Paul, MN
    That tends to be my preference, as well. Giving me a courtesy call saves me from calling to check on you. The only time I make multiple calls in a day is when the carrier is missing from the time when they're supposed to pick, or when they're supposed to deliver.

7. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Not 1998 anymore.

8. Wildey

Wildey Bobtail Member

Nov 24, 2015
    NC
    The only firm that called me multiple times during the day prior, day of pickup, in route and after delivery was Overdrive Logistics.
    All the others I dealt with was when I got loaded and empty with an occasional check call depending on how they felt that day.

9. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    You send me the rate confirmation..
    I sign & return....
    I'll immediately send you the signed BOL when the load is delivered.

If ANYTHING goes wrong, between the time that I send you the signed rate confirmation & the time its delivered, I'll let you know. There is no need for you to call me, or for me to call you, unless there is an issue on either end.

If you dont trust me to get the job done as promised, dont give me the load. I can assure you, if I have any reason to think you're not going to hold up your end of the deal... as promised... I wont be taking the load.

10. MikeyStyles

MikeyStyles Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2019
    Sometimes the customer requires location updates. Although I know that brokers can be over the top with phone calls and texting.

11. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Your really waisting

time replying I personally doubt some not to mention the person that started this post even move freight for them self.Think about it if you were truly in business would you tell your customers not to call you?These are people who are employees or still thinking as employees that are just repeating things they’ve heard at a coffee counter..The stuff they try and say as being the norm I’ve found over 10 years of running my own authority is very rare,I can not even remember of a broker calling me as much as he claims.If this guy actually did work for himself and treated his customers as rudely as he claims he does he wouldn’t be in business long and if he’s using brokers there his customer if he didn’t like brokers but he’s incapable of not using them maybe that’s what he should be questioning his own inability to load his truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.