How many truckloads does a particular warehouse hold?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by TomCougar, Oct 25, 2019.

1. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I think you either missed or ignored my point. You're using an arbitrary unit of measurement: truckload. Something that can consist of a truly diverse range of quantities, and that varies greatly from day to day, shipper to shipper, etc etc

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    I was basing my hypothetical "truckload" upon a 53' dry van. I was also assuming that it could be a packed full with perfectly uniform-dimension pallets. I was also pointing out that while vehicles have weight restrictions, buildings likely don't.

What is the biggest bottleneck in freight movement? The working limits of the vehicles that haul it or the capacity of the warehouses that store it?

Some engineer on the fifth floor of the freight industry has to think about and calculate all these things.

4. MGE Dawn

MGE Dawn Road Train Member

May 19, 2019
    Vancouver, WA
    I'm probably playing chess with a pigeon at this point, but... I pull 53 foot vans. Sometimes several in the same day. I'm telling you, as one of the guys out here in the field, that that assumption is as faulty as thinking I can cross Montana in less than a day. The guy on the 5th floor you speak of understands this. It's his job as much as mine to do so. You clearly have yet to learn this lesson, though

5. TomCougar

TomCougar Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Lawton, OK
    I'm just a hobby model railroader. I'm no industrial engineer with a BS. I like to play checkers online sometimes. I'm just worried if the warehouse on my layout is prototypical. That's all. I never took Truckology 101 in college. I have an AS in CIS/computer network management.

Studebaker Hawk Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.