How much does my boss earn off each dumpster?

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by tkdplayer, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tkdplayer

tkdplayer Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    tHIS IS why I enjoy kicking people in the head, what hte hell are you talking about. Why would I get mad over all those obvious things? If you were just trying to help, thanks Mr. Icanbreakeverythingdown. I'm not gonna go up to my simpleton boss and ask him all the details of his business the first few days I start working there.All I got ot say is NO-S-h-i-t shirlock.Inspector gadget over here.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tkdplayer

tkdplayer Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    They needed a driver he's not an idiot what I meant is he's not the smartest guy either he's worked hard for yrs to have what he has so I can understand why some guys might get mad when smarter people come in and a few yrs later they're takin over. Don't worry i'm not one of those smart guys so I won't be taking over your business with ease any time soon. I do respect small business owners even those who've failed but at least gave it a shot. Different ambitions please explain? So stay small to avoid getting rich? or get bigger if you can handle it

4. tkdplayer

tkdplayer Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I know there's some less retarded people up in here that could help my ####### but honestly I'm an idiot for coming here for advice already pretty much knowing what the crowds gonna be

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I'm better off not knowing how much of a profit companies make off me,it would just anger me.So I just shut up and do my job.

MNdriver Thanks this.
  6. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

exactly what we tried to tell him.

But hey....

pattyj Thanks this.
  7. king Q

king Q Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Johannesburg sa
    That sounds about right.
    I own 30 trucks and make about 3 times what I did as a driver.
    The down side is that if I go under I loose everything as I am personally responsible for debts.
    The up side is that the assets that get accumulated are a bonus above what is stated above.
    I also benefit from having a lot of personnel things a driver has to pay taken care of by the company.
    I have found that very few trucking companies show a lot of profit in the form of cash accumulation unless they are decades old.
    Newer outfits that are successful tend to grow in assets.
    This is where the value is tied up.

I cant see owning 1000 trucks as being any fun at all.
    I would absolutely hate that.
    If I was given 1000 trucks I would sell them or at least 950 of them.
    Maybe my view will change but currently that's how I feel.

G/MAN, WideSkyND and MNdriver Thank this.
  8. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    TKD, given that you have less than a year driving. You are in no way ready to tell anyone how much smarter you are, than they are.
    Learn how to drive first, worry about making money next. In a few years, if you still want to own your own business, than go for it.

Because, as of now, with the attitude that you are displaying. You won't last 6 months as an owner operator.

MNdriver and pattyj Thank this.
  9. G/MAN

G/MAN Road Train Member

Sep 3, 2010

Trust me, I am not the least concerned about you taking over my business. Having never run your own business, you really have no idea what it takes to build a company or to survive in tough economic times. You won't learn how to run a successful business in any university. The only way to learn how to run a successful business is to invest your money and time and do whatever it takes to make it work. You would do well to watch and learn from someone who is already in business, such as your boss whom you call an idiot. Whether you agree with his decisions or not, it is his business and apparently he is successful. He provides a living for not only his family but yours and your fellow employees. If he has managed to survive the last few years then he must be doing something right. Thousands of business owners have not been able to survive.

Most people who start businesses don't do so to get rich. You might be surprised at what motivates some people to go into business. Not everyone wants to build a multinational enterprise. Some are happy with a small retail store. Often, people start a business so that they can be their own boss or better provide for their families. Those who's only motivation is money rarely succeed in business in the long term. If they do succeed they are usually very unhappy. If you want to build a major enterprise then you will make sacrifices. Not everyone is willing to make those sacrifices.

You seem to want to put others down because they don't want to build a huge company. Not everyone wants to have thousands of employees working for them. Some would be happy as a one man show. You will find tens of thousands of owner operators who are happy owning a single truck and running their business as they wish. They can earn a very good living without all the headaches of having a lot of employees. Success can mean different things to different people. I have had a lot of people working for me. There is much more to running a company than you know, especially when you are the boss. The owner is often the first to arrive and the last to leave. He is the one who needs to fill in or sweep the floors when employees lay out of work or quit. He is the one who must make everything work.

One other thing that I will mention. If you are smarter than others you don't need to tell them. Most people can figure that out for themselves. If you think that you are so much smarter than your boss, why haven't you started your own business?

MNdriver Thanks this.
  10. craigo36

craigo36 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Well put!!:biggrin_25514:

misterG Thanks this.
  11. tkdplayer

tkdplayer Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2012
    I had my own business when I was like 9, and while in college I ran my own mobile repair business. I'm just saying running a garbage business ain't ####,(Your basically delivering dumpsters) if I didn't have other goals right now maybe i'd consider it. I have other priorities and I understand running a garbage business or pretty much any business will take a lot of time but i'm busy right now at the moment at the moment so i'm just looking into possible hobbies for the future if you don't mind if you don't mind but good points and congratulations if you own ur own business very impressive you survive on your own good job. Also who are you on this earth to tell anyone they can't do something you sound really dumb right now(Like a gotdam sheep). You should help people reach their goals not tell them they can't do it especially when you don't know what your talking about. I mean if it's one of your retarded family members then ok tell them to become a bullrider or something

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.