How much is Swift pay?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by AteamDRIVER80, Apr 12, 2024.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Swift is one of the biggest companies so they are likely to be where bad things happen. Nobody has enough time to police everyone making remarks about them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    I started with Swift, and im ok... cept for that bulging eye :) seriously, i avg $600 week for time i worked for them in 97-8. I did reefers 15 years, it was mostly good. I loved produce, but meat and beer sucked if it was regional.
    Chinatown is right when he recommends going reefer

CatesCube and bryan21384 Thank this.
  4. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I think you should consider going to Western's flatbed division. The runs are a little more consistent with their flatbed side. I've always felt they put more energy to the flatbed side than the dry van side. Sometimes I'm not so sure if they aren't a flatbed first company. If you are thinking about making a switch to another company, with your level of experience, going from one dry van situation to another dry van situation is pretty much a lateral move. It was suggested to talk to other drivers at whichever company to get the scoop. To me, it makes no sense to do that. Sure drivers worming there can tell you their experiences, but your time there is not going to look like theirs. Every driver writes his/her own story.

If you're going to make a move this soon, your best bet may be to try a different sector of trucking, either go to Western's flatbed side, or as Chinatown said, try reefer. I'm a fan of the reefer life myself. I find that to be the most steady money in trucking. Sure the schedule flip flops, but the earning potential is very high. Flatbed and tanker are both close 2nds. Dry van becomes OK once you get some experience. I would try Swift Refrigerated if im.in your shoes.

5. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Why reefer? Why cheech and chong recommended it! All jokes aside, there's a couple of benefits pulling reefer trailers. One is: a reefer is just an insulated dry van with an ac attached. No reefer loads? You csn always get a dry van load, so your chances at getting reloaded just went up higher than a dry van hauler. If it's really hot out, sometimes-depending on the load, you can run the reefer unit while unloading and you got a portable AIR conditioned dock now! Miami, Hialeah gardens where the guy rides a lawnmower collecting his parking fee? LoL i loved to dislike the sunshine state.

6. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    How much is Swift pay?

Does it matter?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.