How much or what % you pay for your car hauler dispatcher?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by car hauler 777, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Hamham

Hamham Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2017
    If anyone knows a GOOD dispatcher I have a 3 wedge and an F450 that I want to put to work.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old one

Old one Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Depends. If you operate under their Authority and get dispatching and invoicing the rate is usually over 12%. If they're good it could be 15%. You have to know from the start that you'll NEVER get the best loads trying to multitask. You cannot drive AND search the internet at the same time. That's an accident waiting to happen. Go with a dispatcher until you have figured out a way to not deal with them, or you've figured the math and they will make you more money than they cost your.

4. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    We employ our own.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  5. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.
    Same here,,,,,,,,,,

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  6. Kozakvod

Kozakvod Medium Load Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Yep. Same here.

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  7. Tropsnart

Tropsnart Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2015
    Pavilion New York
    I fired myself but I got in a bind and hired me back. Good help is hard to find.

KANSAS TRANSIT, Ziggy319 and Kozakvod Thank this.
  8. Btclt

Btclt Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2019
    5-15% of sales/revenue depending on if they are also doing invoicing. That can be difficult and a High percentage to give when you are just starting off with 1 truck. That’s why a lot of people use a wife or friend to help. If you don’t have a friend or person with an interest in the biz to help then hiring a dispatcher as a contractor has it’s benefits Bc to do it all by yourself is a lot of work. A lot of people do it themselves but booking, faxing, email, paperwork, carrier packets and etc while you are driving, loading, etc is a lot to do. You can also book what you can on your own and just use your dispatcher to fill in the gaps. A dispatcher doesn’t have the same motivation you do to get the best rates/loads so you have to start with what is going to help you get your foundation set. In all business you want to access your core competencies and figure out if contracted work will help you get to the next level or not.

9. Btclt

Btclt Bobtail Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Negotiate your terms and find a dispatcher where you are both comfortable with the rates and weekly load revenue expectations.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.