How often do you actually drive 11 hours/day?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ThisisMeUsee, May 24, 2018.

1. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I average around ten hours. I start looking for a place to park at the nine and half hour mark. I can't remember the last time I actually went up to eleven.

I'm usually shut down by ten and a half.
    Sorry to tell you this but if you think you'll get tired, you may not fit.

You don't have to be power lifter strong to be a trucker, but you've got to have stamina. And you've got to love to drive.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    I'm coming off a fresh 70. I need to string 5 days back to back of 10.5 [average] hour drive days and 10-12 hour breaks, to get from Portland to roughly Daytona in time to get a restart at the end just before my firm delivery appointment. If I don't get the comfortable restart there, on my terms, then my follow up load will probably be crap.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
    Lepton1 Thanks this.
  4. Mullet_Head87

Mullet_Head87 Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Clearwater
    On load/reload days I exhaust my 14. I drive usually 7hrs take 30min break then roll for another 3.5hrs. Keep the door closed!!! 750 miles a day!!! 8-2 splitz!!!! Go Go Go!!

5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I have one simple rule. If I'm loaded in a timely manner i will deliver on time. If I'm delayed loading it will get there as reasonably soon as possible. Reasonably means there will be short stops for restrooms and food.

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.