How often do you find yourself backing up into tight spaces

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ThisisMeUsee, Apr 6, 2018.

1. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    We go a couple places like that with a swing door. I let them know I have to rub door sometimes getting in, they say it’s fine. You don’t have a choice some of these places, especially with a dropped trailer already there and a dock not meant for swingdoor trailers.

JReding Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    One place I go to has a door that requires a pullup or two, so whenever I go there I hit that one. If I were to back straight in and hit the easy one next to it and another truck shows up while I’m there, he’ll have a fit trying to get to the other one.

It happened today even. I thought Pitt Ohio was going to be following me around all day. :)

4. BlackThought

BlackThought Medium Load Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Memphis,TN
    Not often. And even then I get out and look, talk to myself aloud and plan wat I'm going to do and do it.

5. Brickwall

Brickwall Light Load Member

Jan 30, 2018
    It happens. Don't be scared of them, as every one is a chance to practice, to improve, and to learn something new. Just... for the love of dry pavement, don't freakin hit anything. Go slow, walk your happy ### back there and check your swing, and work it back in there. Soon you'll find yourself looking for the tough spots at the truckstops so you can get some extra practice.

JReding Thanks this.
  6. deafaviator

deafaviator Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Not very often at all as a chemical tanker. I’d say maybe a couple times a month.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.