How people get past physicals..?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Brandson, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Lepton1

Lepton1 Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Yukon, OK
    The best way to shop is basically to shop the perimeter and "avoid the center" when in the grocery store. The perimeter includes fresh produce, meat, dairy, nuts, and whole grains; anything that isn't "processed". The "center" are all the aisles with packaged foods in fancy 4-color process packaging with ingredient lists that include things you can't pronounce, with the exception of getting some staples from the aisles like olive oil, vinegar, baking soda, etc.

If you want beef stew, make it yourself with fresh ingredients. Tastes better and better for you. The problem is that people have been drilled with advertising to think that "home cooked" means opening a can or that "cooking for myself" is somehow a bad thing. Both those attitudes are crippling. If you free yourself from advertising induced psychosis and buy actual food instead of a FLE (Food Like Experience) you will save money and be healthier.

SheepDog Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tonythetruckerdude

Tonythetruckerdude Crusty Deer Slayer

Dec 8, 2012
    hunting...../ retired
    My apologies to you Roadmedic....sincerely...I was confusing a General practitioner was a "nurse practitioner"..I need to fact check my self in the future...My oldest son is doing a 3 year residency in family medicine as we speak , I told him about this thread , and he told me I had better check my comments and do some research...I did ...and I'm sorry....

4. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    No apologies needed. Just a moment of lapse. Figured you had it confused with something else.

5. jsprocket

jsprocket Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2013
    Columbus, GA
    Ha reminds me of old unit, big old boy probably 6'2 265 pounds. Big gut and all but he passed tape cause he had a big old neck

SheepDog Thanks this.
  6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    There is a guy I know of, about 6' 2" and probably weighs 265 with a big gut but, all muscles. He is a medic for the TN 278 Guard. There were 3 guys that were built like him but not his size. One was taller, about 6' 5", thinner but all muscle. Another guy was about 5' 10" and 225, all muscle,,,sheesh, looked like a brick shoot house...

7. silverdrifter

silverdrifter Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2013
    athens georgia
    what do you mean by pass tape ? im 6'5 270 with an 18 inch neck

SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Dang, you big ole boy..lol What he means is he passes the Height/Weight requirement because his neck size.

9. silverdrifter

Oct 31, 2013
    athens georgia
    ok but he said he had an big ol neck so would that mean I would pass ? im so confused lol I already passed the dot physical but I really hope I don't have to go threw the sleep apnea crap

SheepDog Thanks this.
  10. silverdrifter

Oct 31, 2013
    athens georgia
    I know im overweight but I I have seen guys a lot bigger and I mean weight then me that I looked at and wondered how the heck they passed lol

11. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I have yet to hear of anyone getting taped at a DOT Physical.. This tape thing we are talking about, for me, was in the Military. The military has height/weight standards and if you are over-weight for your height, you will get taped and have your body fat % checked. They do some kind of math and wammo, you pass! It has to do with your neck and waste, plus body fat %

You shouldn't have any problem with a DOT Physical as long as you aren't on any meds or have any problems, that you know about.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.