How the hell do u stay healthy?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Michigan1983, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Risky Buisness

Risky Buisness Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Richardson, Texas
    Work out in your truck, get you a set of dumbbells about 20 to 30ilbs, i have a routine using what is in my truck and on the outside and watch what you eat, no buffet's don't eat 1 1/2 before you lay down you have to motivate yourself first to do these things. I have been driving 17 years i am 47 and weigh about 168 5'8 and i am pretty muscular and its from just doing what i told you, we are trying to start a workout segment video for Truck Drivers working out in the truck and at Truck Stops....Keep in touch and I'll let you know when we complete it..

gb2nyc Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ghost Driver

Ghost Driver Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Indiana
    LoL!!! Fair enough driver, fair enough!

4. Copy Cat

Copy Cat Bobtail Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Tennessee
    God bless him! :biggrin_25523:

I have lost about 12 pounds since I got out on the road, and I think part of it is just not eating large meals like I used to. I have a Coleman cooler that holds milk, sandwich meat, yogurt, fruit, etc. I like my coffee in the morning and a bowl of cereal and I used to love a doughnut to go with them, but I find that if I eat too much sugar at one time, I get sleepy, which I have read is normal because your body is processing the carbs. So I don't get the doughnuts but once or twice a week now. I have a sandwich and a small side for lunch. I usually only drink one soda a day, a 12 ounce Sierra Mist, which is made with sugar, not corn syrup, and has no caffeine. I feel like it's not as bad as coke or mountain dew. It usually follows that when you see a trucker with a large gut going into the truck stop, he has a 64 oz jug that he is filling up with some soda. The sodas with all that corn syrup are what is leading to the diabetes, in my opinion. Drink water as much as you can during the day. It might make you have to urinate more but you will be flushing out your system, which is good. And eat foods with plenty of fiber, like apples, shredded wheat cereal, veggies, etc. that will keep you regular. Your body works best when it is not bogged down and everything is moving properly. And that affects your mental and physical state as well. Don't eat a big meal at night, and try not to eat anything 1-2 hours before you go to bed, because the food processing in your stomach keeps you from sleeping well. Good luck!

5. Ghost Driver

Ghost Driver Bobtail Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Indiana
    I knew those junk food junkies were full of....well....something. :biggrin_2553:

Good read, driver. Good idea on having some fresh fruits when you can. Me, I'm a monkey - love my bananas!

6. Mike2905

Mike2905 Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2012
    Los Angeles
    This was mentioned earlier, but eating right before going to sleep is a killer. That is what got me out of shape a while back. I now try to eat earlier, and if that is not possible I make sure to get some sort of exercise between my meal and sleeping (pretty tough at times when it gets real late).

7. -insert name-

-insert name- ATM squishier

Jul 12, 2012
    SOMEWHERE
    ^ is right. I do the oppisite because its the only way I can sleep. With a dispatcher that drives you like a slave(getting a new one soon) I rather do everything I can to make the sleep I get good. Such has a hot meal from McD or Wendy's, maybe an Arby's or the Flying J deli.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.