How to connect X-Box Live to Pilot/Flying J internet

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by mustang970, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mustang970

mustang970 Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Homeless
    I've tried to search out the answer here, Google, and Wandring WIFI
    I'm sure there are gamers that know how to do this.
    I have a newer X-Box with built in wireless router, and X-Box Live.
    I know that using Pilot/Flying J wifi isn't going to be up to task for gaming, would like to be able to get updates and such, or surf.
    Here lies my problem.
    My X-box locates the Pilot service, but I don't know where I'm suppose to enter user name and password for the Pilot wifi.
    On my laptop, I connect, open up a browser, and its automatically taken to the site to sign in.
    Anybody that can help me, step by step with this would be appreciated.
    I can get around a computer ok, but this x-box stuff is new and foreign.
    Help
    Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Balakov100

Balakov100 Road Train Member

May 10, 2012
    Temple, TX
    You know even browsing won't be worth it?

Just go to a site it should Automatically FW you to the Login Page.

4. CoalHeart

CoalHeart Light Load Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Auburn,GA
    This may not be the best way, but I'd think the easiest way would be to log onto the WiFi via your laptop so you can sign in, then use your laptop as a WiFi adapter for the Xbox. (via an ethernet cable).

here's a link to how to set it up. http://www.wikihow.com/Use-Your-Laptop-As-an-Xbox-Wireless-Adapter

btw, I know this works because I have the 1st generation 360 and this was/is how I have to connect it as it doesn't have WiFi built in. Heck, it doesn't even have HDMI port. I use the "bridge" method mentioned at the end of the article. I guess that's the "old" way now.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  5. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Your doing better than me driver I can't figure out an Xbox and you're old enough to be my dad. Mhttp://compnetworking.about.com/od/wifihomenetworking/ht/xbox2wifirouter.htm is the best I can do to help although you've probably already tried that. Hope that helps...my suggestion buy a PS3 they're easier to navigate lol.

6. Mnilges1

Mnilges1 Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2015
    You can call pilot/FG customer support. You will have to give them your mac address for your Xbox and your good to go

7. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    All you can do is use an alt MAC address from your phone or tablet. It will then let you surf and watch YouTube, Netflix and stuff. Of course pilot Wifi is slow. You will be able to get updates (the new one lets you play 360 games) but you can't play online games.

Just google Xbox alternate MAC address. Or how to connect in a hotel. It's super easy and all over the web.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  8. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    I didn't know pilot would white list xboxs. Most hotels will I guess I never thought of trying it at pilot. Good call.

9. William Harden

William Harden Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Look in your system settings and find your Wi-Fi mac address. Call pilot/flying j customer service @ (404)478-7388 and have them add your system to your account by giving them them mac address and your email address. It will then take about 5 minutes. Of course you have to call them each time you log on at a new location, but this is the fastest way to do it if you don't have a laptop to bridge the signal.

Dieselboss Thanks this.
  10. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Do you need a cross over cable?

I can't bridge or share internet without a crossover. Never had any luck with a standard cable.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.