How to deal with a driver facing camera?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Dark_Majesty_06, Mar 6, 2015.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    getting a mental picture,lmao

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VeganTrucker

VeganTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Dixie
    Black tape works wonders for covering cameras.

4. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    Cover camera lens with duct tape.

5. Dark_Majesty_06

Dark_Majesty_06 Road Train Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Poplar bluff, mo
    Well, the recruiter told me they only record in a "hard braking" situation and that they put them in because they want drivers to feel protected in a accident.
    It seems to me, if I happen to be eating some crackers and a junkie pulls a stunt that causes a chain reaction, ending in my truck striking them, the lawyer will rip me apart because i was distracted and "feeding my face."
    I guess im with you all.. I have really been trying to see the positive but it fills to weird to have a camera on me.. Even if it just goes off If I screw up. Im not scared of them seeing me being a baboon butt head but more of just, I like privacy in my work environment and a camera kinda ruins it.
    I think I would be okay with a camera that faces the road but a camera that faces the driver, really sends my "conspiracy" senses off and makes me just want to call the us marshals. Lol.

6. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Why would it NEED to face the driver?
    I could see a dash cam for recording accidents but facing the driver? No F-n way I would drive for them.
    Typical dispatcher brain remark.....

You hire a driver,put him in 150k worth of equipment you SHOULD have checked him out and trust him....or just not hired him at all.
    I have drove rigs worth over a million bucks and they never worried about cameras...

7. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Hit the camera so it activates then moon the camera and give the middle finger multiple times till they get pissed off enough to remove the camera from your truck.

[​IMG]

8. EZ Money

EZ Money Road Train Member

Or very loose boxers with "the boys" hanging out.....:biggrin_2559:

9. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    They would love that,lmaooooo

10. Clyde07

Clyde07 Heavy Load Member

May 28, 2013
    Take a picture of yourself in the driver's seat, holding the steering wheel with both hands, looking forward. Print the picture, then Rig up something to hold that picture in place about 6 inches in front of the camera.

11. truckon

truckon Swamp Thing

Dec 16, 2011
    Like I'd tell you!

There was a driver who had the same idea.... wanted to play with his phone while driving.... wonder how often he's going to rethink what a great idea that was while he's sitting in prison...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.